- Knight: Masters of hand-to-hand combat and melee weapons.
- Paladin: Masters of distance fighting with bows and crossbows and minor magic users.
- Druid: Masters of healing and supportive magic.
- Sorcerer: Masters of aggressive and offensive magic.
Knights and Paladins, even when they have area attacks, are more suited to attack individual enemies, by putting a lot of power on a single foe. On the other side, Druids and Sorcerers, due to their wave spells, Ultimate spells (Eternal Winter, Wrath of Nature, Rage of the Skies and Hell's Core) and their low wand or rod attacks, are most profitable to hunt with area spells or runes.
Each vocation has a different amount of Capacity, Hitpoints, and Mana that is gained with each level, 45 points each level, and each vocation also has a different rate of Regeneration of Hitpoints and Mana. In addition to these, your vocation also determines the speed of advancement in certain skills:
- Knight: Advances fastest in fist, sword, club and axe fighting, shielding. Advances very slow in magic.
- Paladin: Advances fastest in distance fighting, reasonable with any other skills.
- Druid: Fastest in magic level advance and slightly better with melee than sorcerers.
- Sorcerer: Fastest in magic level advance.
The speed of advancement in fishing is equal for all vocations.
Your careful choice allows you to use vocation specific items like armors, weapons, wands/rods and also spellbooks. There are also other differences. You are advised to read the pages for each vocation before deciding which one will fit your playing style best.