User pages are a way of introducing yourself to community; however, they are also commonly used to bypass the Tibia Rules by advertising their own site here. In an attempt to prevent this, user page restrictions are as follows...
External linking means to link to any site outside of this domain, i.e http://www.tibia.com is an external link. The following should be followed if you plan to link via your user page:
- Links to supported, promoted, and popular unsupported fansites are permitted, provided that their primary use is not to externally link to another site.
- Sites containing any of the following are strictly NOT tolerated:
- Advertising of Tibia-related services, including world-trades, Tibia for real life cash exchange, and the like.
- Exploits, or downloads thereof. This including phishing sites, malware and, as a general rule of thumb, anything questionable. This restriction also applies to any embedded object on the page.
- Sites which are used to aid the wiki are tolerated, however they must also follow the rules above.
- Blog, video and fan- sites are allowed provided they do not breach the above guidelines.
- Generally, sites should not be linked with hope or expectation that people will follow the links. Thus there should be no reason to seem biased when linking to it.
Exception of rule 1 include:
None of these are fansites, but they can be linked to from your user page.
* Imageshack owners would probably rather that you do not hyperlink images, do so only if you cannot upload files and are requesting someone do it for you.
Images/videos should be limited to the following guidelines:
- Users should try avoid uploading excess images which are entirely user page oriented. Uploading 1-5 should be seen as a limit, however it is only a guideline, you may get away with a few additional images.
- Images which have relevance outside of a user's space may be excluded from this. For example, a user page of quest screenshots a user intends to use as a 'quick reference'.
- Images should follow the TibiaWiki:Policy, e.g no Tibia rule violations should be depicted in them.
Punishments for inappropriate user pages range from simply removing the inappropriate content to deleting the page and blocking the account forever.
- Offensive words, links, or images will be removed and a warning will be given. If the words, links, or images seriously violate the Tibia Rules then the account may be blocked and the offensive content will be removed.
- A user page that is created only to advertise a non-permitted site will be blocked and all the content will be deleted.
- User pages that have very offensive or inappropriate names will also be blocked and deleted.