Make a back-up of your Tibia Maps
Sometimes after hard work mapping tibia, all or some areas you already gained will get deleted by bugs or game crashes. If you re-install Tibia or play on another computer you will have no maps at all.
- Click the start menu button and choose Run... The direct link to the folder that holds the maps is different on each OS.
- E.g. Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Tibia\Automap
- E.g. Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Datos de programa\Tibia\Automap
- E.g. Windows Vista: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Tibia\Automap
You can also open the map from Windows Explorer or My Computer
- When the folder Application Data or AppData is hidden you can unhide it by and clicking Tools --> Folder Options... checking View hidden files and folders on the second tab.
- Now copy and paste contents of the Automap folder in a different place and use the date you made the copy as name for the new folder for easy remembrance.
It is wise to make a back-up after you explored a big area or after some months to keep your back-up folder updated.
These files also compress extremely well so it is recommended you zip them to save an incredible amount of space.
Now if you happen to lose your maps or you will play on a new computer you can copy the files you saved to the Automap folder and you will get the maps back.