- Levitate or 15 Parcels to go up 4 levels outside Kazordoon and up 1 level get out of Hellgate.
- Machete or Heavy Machete
- 8 Skulls
Required Items for the first visitor of the tower
- Melon, Banana, Cherry, Apple, Grapes, and Coconut
- 1 White Knight Token and 1 Black Knight Token (can be obtained from the game rooms in Edron, Carlin, Kazordoon, Yalahar and Thais)
Note: If you have visited the tower already since the last server save, you will only need the skulls to get to the tower, since the fruits and chess pieces are only required to uncover the ladders to the floors above, and only need uncovering once per day unless someone else went there and closed the leavers. Then you will need to go there with all the items again, so better take everything just to be sure.
Notes and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- This quest takes a long time, and there is a lot of time spent walking. You should bring a lot of food and blank runes with you.
- The Paradox Tower and the entire area around it is a Protection Zone, so you will not regenerate any mana or hp, nor can you attack anyone or be attacked by anyone.
- When you sacrifice the skulls to get to the tower, the skulls will be replaced by Poison Fields. If you arrive and find poison fields on the sacrifice stones, you do not need to wait for them to vanish - just place the skulls on top of the poison fields and walk onto the central strange carving.
- You will need 4 skulls EVERY time you travel to the Paradox Tower.
- You will need to cut the grass and wait for it to grow back EVERY time you travel to the Paradox Tower. Stepping into the doorway makes the staircase disappear again, so get your entire group inside the tower before stepping on the switchplate to reveal the stairs.
- You will need to wait for the Ghoul to step on the plate EVERY time you travel to the Paradox Tower. When he moves into the top left corner, go up the ladder QUICKLY, because he will move away, and the ladder will disappear again.
- You only need to set the levers, sacrifice the fruit, and use the chess pieces one time. Only exception to this would be a server reset or server save, or if someone flips the switches back, then you will need to do these again. Bring the stuff just in case.
- There is a question that the Riddler will ask you: "what is your favorite color?". Any color will do the first time you are asked the question (even though this spoiler says 'green' as the color); however you have to answer with the same color the following times it is asked, and when you talk to the prisoner. If you do not remember what color you said, just look the Paradox Tower entry of your Quest Log.
- If you try to talk to the prisoner too soon, he will not tell you your number; instead he will reply "A Prisoner: I think you are not in touch with yourself, come back if you have tuned in on your own feelings."
- If you step on ALL of the switchplates in the treasure room, you will LOSE ALL OF YOUR REWARDS, and receive nothing for the quest. Be careful where you step.
- The area in Hellgate you are teleported to isn't very dangerous. You don't have to open backpacks of runes while you are going to answer Riddler's questions wrong. Follow the maps below to get out of Hellgate (Note: you do not need the Hellgate key, so don't waste 5k).
|1 - The Feared Hugo||25 minutes|
|2 - Talk with Riddler #1||45 minutes|
|3 - The Secret of Mathemagics||20 minutes|
|4 - Talk with Riddler #2||30 minutes|
Mission 1: The Feared Hugo
- Find Oldrak (in Plains of Havoc temple, here) and talk with him. Say "hi", "hugo", "myth", "yenny the gentle". Walk to Venore and take the boat to Edron.
- Go to Zoltan (in Noodles Academy of Modern Magic in Edron, here) and talk with him. Say "hi", "yenny the gentle", "crunor's caress". Note: You can get the chess pieces here in Edron. The game room is under the caste. Now take the boat to Carlin.
- Go to Padreia (Druid Guild in Carlin, here) and talk to her. Say "hi", "crunor's caress", "footnote". Now you can take the boat to Thais, or walk all the way.
- Go to Lubo (North of Thais, South of Mount Sternum, here) and talk to him. Say "hi", "crunor's cottage", "flower guys", "accident", "stable". Now you know about the creation of the Demonbunny.
Mission 2: Talk with Riddler #1
This mission consists of:
- Getting to the Paradox Tower
- Talking with the Riddler
- Getting out of Hellgate
Mission 2.1: Getting to the Paradox Tower
- Now you will visit the Paradox tower for the first time, First you will need the Key. Key 3899 to the tower is north of paradox tower in a dead tree (here), you need to go though Minotaur caves to get to it passing directly under the tower itself. Use a Shovel to enter the Minotaur caves here, then travel as far north as possible. You will emerge here, north of the Paradox Tower. There are only Minotaurs and Minotaur Archers in the cave, and only Bears on the surface north of the tower.
- The tree is booby trapped so you might lose up to 200hp and Poison Fields may block your path to leave the tree (this trap is not always triggered).
- To reach the Paradox Tower, go here south of the entrance to Kazordoon and use Levitate spell or parcels to climb up the "stairs" on the mountain. On third level above ground level you will face two Wyverns. To get to next level from the wyvern cave, you have to be on the left part of the edge where you came up, face north and levitate/parcel yourself up to next level. If you are parcelling yourself up, some monster or player needs to be infront of you. A wyvern or a friend would do the trick.
- When you come across 4 sacrifice stones, place one skull on each stone and walk to the teleport spot in the middle - you will be teleported to the tower.
- Cut grass from point A, to point D. Then to point B as shown(including point C). Then sit at point B and wait (~5 minutes) until the grass at the door starts growing back. Right when it does, step on point C and run to point D where stairs will have appeared. (light green=cut grass, dark green=grass, grey=stone/stairs, pink=switch, blue=spot you stand on)
- The next room will have a couple of bookshelves and a series of levers - they need to be in the following directions (from left to right): Right, Right, Left, Left, Right, Left.
- In the next room, flip the switch to make a Ghoul appear. If it stands on the right tile the ladder will appear until it walks away. After some time the ghoul dissapears and the lever is reseted.
- In this room you will need to use the Key 3899 that you got from the dead tree.
- After opening the door, place the fruit on the tables in the following order(from left to right): melon, banana, cherry, apple, grapes, coconut. When the fruit is on the tables, flip the switch and a ladder will appear. Go up the ladder. As shown on the picture, and when the ghoul stays on the tile (in the image appear) a stairs appear on there.
- There will be two statues on the far wall. Examine them and place the black and white knight chess pieces on the correct sides and pull the lever (see image below). Another ladder will appear. Go up again.
Mission 2.2: Talking with the Riddler
- Note: Riddler may ask different questions, which have unknown answer, just answer them uncorrectly and try again until he asks all questions with known answer.
- Warning: If you answer any of the others questions wrong, you'll have to talk to him again to answer all the questions, because the prisioner at Mintwallin won't talk to you.
Mission 2.3: Getting out of Hellgate
Because your last answer was wrong, you are sent to hellgate. You'll now have to walk out of hellgate, just follow the following maps:
After following the path shown on 9th map, you have to levitate 2x then go up the ladder. When you'll go up as shown on the last map there will be a room with a switch. The switch opens bridge upstairs, pull it if after roping up there's no bridge. Now you should be able to go out to Ab'Dendriel. If you follow the maps you will only meet Skeletons, Ghouls, Rotworms, Carrion Worms and Bonelords, but be prepared to face Elder Bonelords, Demon Skeletons and possibly The Evil Eye.
Mission 3: The Secret of Mathemagics
After you left Hellgate, take the boat from Ab'dendriel to Thais. Go to Mintwallin and talk to the npc prisoner. The prisoner is two levels up in the prison in Mintwallin. The prison is on the west side of town. You may need to find Key 3620, which is in the guards sleeping quarters near the south gates.
The answer of the question "1+1=" seems to depend on your favourite colour that you choose before. You have chance like 1:99 to choose right number and skip one trip to hellgate.
Mission 4: Talk with Riddler #2
- Go back to the Paradox Tower and talk to the riddler again. He will ask you the same questions, and they have the same answers - just be sure to tell him your correct number that the prisoner gave you.
- After that you will be allowed into the treasure room. In the treasure room, there are four treasure chests and two rows of switchplates on the floor that you need to walk over to reach the Chests. Which of these switches you walk over determines what rewards you get. Each switch will DESTROY one of the rewards for you (you will see an explosion on the chest when you step on a switchplate)!
If you step on more than two switchplates, you will lose more than two rewards!
K = 10k gp (10,000 gp)
W = Wand of Cosmic Energy
T = 32 Talons
E = Phoenix Egg
WARNING: Walk over the items you DON'T want get!, so be careful. The light green words show what reward each chest gives.
Now you are done you need to walk through the teleporters to get back, all the way down the tower and past the Wyverns.
Mission 1: The Feared Hugo
Mission 3: The Secret of Mathemagics
Mission 4: Talk with Riddler #2
See mission 2, only difference is the last question: