At the northwest shore of the island of Rookgaard there's a unreachable small isle with a sword in a rock surrounded by fire (here). Near this sword is a sign where that can be read:
- You read: Only the humble may touch the Sword of Fury
This is the Sword of Fury; although it's called that way, it is a simple Spike Sword. Many have wondered if this sword is obtainable. Many have tried, but failed, to lay hands on the Sword.
Perhaps what the sign says, "Only the humble one may touch the Sword Of Fury.", is a cleverly placed message by CipSoft. Perhaps, upon seeing the message, a new player will behave him/her self, thus acting humble. Who knows if the Sword of Fury will ever be obtained? Perhaps the answer is right in front of our noses, waiting for us to lay hands on the legendary sword.
- There was a rumor that it was once obtainable by completing a contest. If there was a contest, it is now long over.
- Rumors say the CipSoft team has given a Spike Sword to Rookgaard's first player to reach level 100, Sunrise, who would have done a favor for them, but this was never confirmed by him.
- A little to the south of the Sword of Fury there is a mountain (here) with two floors and no stairs or ladders (although it's possible to reach them stacking items like parcels). At the second floor there is a lonely minotaur near a fire. It's said that have a connection with the Sword.
- At the second floor of Tom's shop there is a hidden lever under a bucket in a locked room and next to the Goblin Temple Quest there are two levers that are unreachable because they are in locked rooms. Some people say these have some kind of connection with the Sword of Fury.
- At the west shore of northern Rookgaard, near some orcs and an orc spearman, there's some kind of ritual rock area (here) with a daily spawn of a pile of bones that looks like a dead wolf. There is a rumor that this has a connection with the Sword.
Bozo & Maze of fury
At the south of the premium side of Rookgaard there is a grave (here) that leads to a cave, the sign next to it says:
- You read: Bozo
- Jester and escape artist
- You read: Maze of fury
When you ask Cipfried about his job, he says that he is just a humble monk. The sign by the island says that only the humble may touch the sword of fury. Also, the portal in the minotaur hell room is believed to be linked to the quest, and it has been shown to just lead back to the temple, where Cipfried is located.
During the Test Servers Gamemasters can interact more with the players and sometimes take them to places they could never get to. The well known Master Slayer of Antican's Rookgaard was teleported to the island of Sword of Fury.
Sometimes the sword will disappear from the island for one or a few days and the fires on the surrounding rocks will die down. This is triggered through a quest that can be done without noticing it (which explains why people thought it was random), whether or not this is a part of aquiring the Sword of Fury still remains a mystery.
Eclo on rook, a player from Antica, figured out how to make the Sword of Fury disappear from its place. He does not have the sword, however, and if he did, he would "never stop bragging about it." He proved he knows how to delete it by doing that on the 20th of January 2007 in 3 worlds, Harmonia, Luminera and finally Antica. (Video showing the deletion of the Sword of Fury on Luminera)
As far as we know, when this trick is performed, the sword will simply disappear from the island. Around the 7.7 update, through less-than-honest means that will not be further mentioned here, it was been proven beyond all reasonable doubt that the sword will not be teleported or recreated elsewhere.
Needless to say, there's nothing saying that Cipsoft can't change their own quests like they did with the Femor Hills tower, although it's not very likely considering the sword would unbalance rook completely.
To make the sword disappear, you need to step on two squares in two different caves. First you need to step on a square on the northern part of this Poison Spider cave, the exact location of the square is shown here. After that, you need to step on a square adjacent to the southern wall of Rotworm hell, the exact location of the square is shown here.
Some people have reported it deleted on Trimera after only stepping on the square in the Poison Spider cave described above. But it was later confirmed that both squares must be stepped on to make it disappear.
- Sword of fury disappearing in Luminera
- 03/05/2004 Tibianews article by Remmy: Myth or Fact?
- 11/06/2004 Tibianews Short News by Disco Mania: Sword of Fury taken
- 08/07/2004 Tibianews article by Teralyn: Books involving Sword of Fury found: Made and forgotten?
- 23/05/2005 Tibianews shortnews by Excessus: The Eternal Quest for the Spike Sword