Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sorcerers are masters of offensive and aggressive magic. They have only limited healing abilities, but can draw from a wide range of attack spells. Through the ages, they have focused their research on destructive magic to aide them in battle.
Because of their focus on magical abilities, they are sorely lacking in physical skills, and have little physical strength to carry items and equipment.
- Fastest advancement in Magic Level (same as Druids)
- Fastest Mana regeneration (same as Druids)
- Largest amount of Mana (same as Druids)
- Can make many different kinds of Runes
- Can use all different kinds of Runes, except for the Paralyze rune, Wild Growth rune and the Holy Missile rune.
- Can make Sudden Death Runes
- Can use strong Attack Spells
- Energy Wave, and Rage of the Skies do more damage and cost less mana than their Druid counterparts (Terra Wave and Wrath of Nature), making them about 50% better damage per mana.
- Slowest Hitpoint regeneration (same as Druids)
- Smallest amount of Hitpoints (same as Druids)
- Slowest advancement in Shielding and Melee skills
- Smallest amount of Capacity (same as Druids)
- Cannot make Healing Runes
- No supportive healing spells (Heal Friend, Mass Healing, etc.)
Gains and Regeneration
Gains by level
With each level, a sorcerer will gain:
A sorcerer will regenerate:
A Master Sorcerer will regenerate:
When a sorcerer reaches level 20, they can purchase a Promotion and become an Master Sorcerer with certain benefits.
See the page on Promotion for more information.
Tips and Tricks
All vocations should use their strengths to their own benefit. For example, it would be useless for a knight to try and make money selling runes. Instead, use the unique aspects of the vocation to your advantage.
- Sell Runes. Sorcerers can make large amounts of money as a Provider of various kinds of runes, especially Fireball and Great Fireball. Sorcerers are also the only vocation that can make Sudden Death runes. Because of the high level requirement to make them, Sudden Death runes can sell for very large amounts of money.
- Offer a Hell's Core or Rage of the Skies service. Since Sorcerers have very strong attack spells, when you reach the level requirement for the Hell's Core or Rage of the Skies spell, you will become very valuable on a large hunt or quest. With the spell Rage of the Skies it is even possible to kill a Dragon with one cast, and the spell will attack all creatures in a large area. Even helping with a quest that you have already completed, you can charge a large amount of money to help a group complete the quest.
- Summon creatures for others to convince. You can charge a fee for summoning creatures for a paladin to convince. Since paladins cannot use the Summon Creature spell, you can summon a creature for them, and if they have enough mana, they can use a Convince Creature rune to take control over it and use it to help them hunt.
- Use a blocker. This way you can hunt larger creatures that you would not normally be able to take on alone. This will most likely cost you quite a bit in Runes, and you may need to pay the blocker for their services, but you will gain more experience than would otherwise be possible.
- Hunt with Summoned Creatures. When hunting with summons, you do not need to use as many runes, and you can stay in your hunting area longer because you are not using as much mana with your Wand.
- Use Defensive Fighting when you are hunting with Wands. Changing your fighting mode will not affect the damage that your wands will cause, but using Defensive Fighting will cause you to take less damage from any melee attacks.
- Use your surroundings. Since most Wands cannot attack as far away as a Bow or Crossbow that Paladins use, sorcerers need to use trees, stairs, and other obstacles to help maintain a distance from strong creatures. With some practice, you will be able to fight strong creatures without taking very much damage.
Advancing Your Skills
- Never have full mana. Your Magic Level is advanced by using mana. Every second that you have full mana, you are losing potential magic level advancement.
- Spend as little time as possible in Protection Zones. You cannot use mana that you do not generate, so spend as little time as possible in situations where you do not regenerate mana.
- Always eat. Make sure you have access to Food at all times. If you run out of food, then you will not be able to regenerate mana for using.
- Use Wands to hunt. Using wands uses mana. A Master Sorcerer can regenerate mana as fast as the Wand of Vortex will use it, so they can potentially "train" their magic level by attacking creatures with this wand.
- Use your melee weapon when gaining Soul Points. You need only to kill one monster every 4 minutes, so you are not worried about killing monsters quickly. This frees up your mana for spells and you can use up your mana completely if you wish to train your magic level. The only time to use your wand is for leveling, otherwise best train your melee skill since you can use spells to use up mana.
- Carry Mana Potions. Not only is this a good idea if you get in a jam, but using Mana Potions will help you advance your Magic Level faster.
- Don't use Magic Shield if you don't need to. Any mana that you lose to your Magic Shield does not count towards your magic level. If you are not in danger of dying, use Light Healing, Intense Healing and Ultimate Healing spells instead.
- Sleep on a bed. If you have an account with premium time, a house and also own more characters, it's strongly recommended to make your sorcerer sleep with a full stomach when you're not playing it, this will grant you "free" mana you otherwise wouldn't regenerate offline, it might not seem as much, but doing this constantly will be a big help for your magic level, make sure to have some blank runes nearby for when you need to deplete your mana bar.
Pages of Particular Interest to Sorcerers
|Apprentice's Strike||exori min flam||no||6||8||0||Attack||Causes Fire Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Buzz||exori infir vis||no||6||1||0||Attack||Causes Energy Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Creature Illusion||utevo res ina "creature"||no||100||23||1000||Support||Turns you into a certain creature for three minutes.|
|Cure Poison||exana pox||no||30||10||150||Healing||Cures the status of being poisoned.|
|Curse||utori mort||yes||30||75||6000||Attack||Does Death Damage (in a ascendant order) over time, like some monsters do (e.g. Pythius the Rotten).|
|Death Strike||exori mort||yes||20||16||800||Attack||Causes Death Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Electrify||utori vis||yes||30||34||2500||Attack||It deals Energy Damage over time.|
|Enchant Party||utori mas sio||yes||Varies||32||4000||Support||The Enchant Party spell enables sorcerers to raise the magic level of themselves and their party members by 1, it lasts for 2 minutes. In order for it to work, there has to be at least one party member in the area of effect, not counting the spell caster.|
|Enchant Staff||exeta vis||yes||80||41||2000||Supply||Enchants a Staff (10/25) to an Enchanted Staff (39/45) for 60 seconds.|
|Energy Beam||exevo vis lux||no||40||23||1000||Attack||Shoots a 5 tile long beam in front of the caster.|
|Energy Strike||exori vis||yes||20||12||800||Attack||Causes Energy Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Energy Wave||exevo vis hur||no||170||38||2500||Attack||Shoots an energy attack in a large area in the direction the caster is looking.|
|Find Person||exiva "NAME"||no||20||8||80||Support||Tells you which direction a certain player is, relative to you, and a rough idea of the distance.|
|Fire Wave||exevo flam hur||no||25||18||850||Attack|| Shoots a fire attack in the shape of a cone in the direction the caster is looking.|
|Flame Strike||exori flam||yes||20||14||800||Attack||Causes Fire Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Great Energy Beam||exevo gran vis lux||no||110||29||1800||Attack||Shoots a strong beam 8 squares infront of caster.|
|Great Light||utevo gran lux||no||60||13||500||Support||Provides illumination in a 4 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 11 minutes, 35 seconds.|
|Haste||utani hur||yes||60||14||600||Support||Increases Speed. (Consult the Formula page to determine the enhancement.) Duration is 31 seconds. Cures paralysis.|
|Hell's Core||exevo gran mas flam||yes||1100||60||8000||Attack||Causes Fire Damage on 73 squares around the caster. It is smaller than Rage of the Skies, but stronger.|
|Ice Strike||exori frigo||yes||20||15||800||Attack||Causes Ice Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Ignite||utori flam||yes||30||26||1500||Attack||Deals Fire Damage over time, similar to Electrify.|
|Intense Healing||exura gran||no||70||20||350||Healing||Restores a medium amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Invisible||utana vid||no||440||35||2000||Support||Makes the caster invisible to some creatures. Duration is 3 minutes, 20 seconds.|
|Levitate||exani hur up|
exani hur down
|yes||50||12||500||Support||Permits vertical movement via levitation, up or down one level.|
|Light||utevo lux||no||20||8||0||Support||Provides illumination in a 3 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.|
|Light Healing||exura||no||20||8||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Lightning||exori amp vis||Yes||60||55||5000||Attack||Stronger version of Energy strike, can do around 50% more damage and has a 5 square range making it a very useful long-range single target spell. It has a 8 seconds cooldown.|
|Magic Patch||exura infir||no||6||1||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health. (Cures paralysis)|
|Magic Rope||exani tera||yes||20||9||200||Support||Teleports you up through a hole when you are standing in a rope spot.|
|Magic Shield||utamo vita||no||50||14||450||Support||Damage taken reduces Mana instead of Hit Points. Duration is 3 minutes, 20 seconds.|
|Rage of the Skies||exevo gran mas vis||yes||600||55||6000||Attack||Causes Energy Damage on 85 squares around the caster. It is larger than Hell's Core, but weaker.|
|Scorch||exevo infir flam hur||no||8||1||0||Attack||Shoots a fire attack in the shape of a cone in the direction the caster is looking.|
|Strong Energy Strike||exori gran vis||Yes||60||80||7500||Attack||Causes a strong Energy Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 squaremeters away. It has a 8 seconds cooldown.|
|Strong Flame Strike||exori gran flam||Yes||60||70||6000||Attack||Causes strong Fire Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster or cast at a nearby target up to 3 squares away. It has an 8 second cooldown.|
|Strong Haste||utani gran hur||yes||100||20||1300||Support||Makes you run faster than with Haste and is slightly less economical on distance given same time and mana, can also cure paralysis. It lasts for 22 seconds instead of 33 as with Haste. To determine your speed with this spell, go to the Formula page.|
|Summon Creature||utevo res "creature name"||no||varies||25||2000||Summon||Summons a creature to help you.|
|Terra Strike||exori tera||yes||20||13||800||Attack||Causes earth damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Ultimate Energy Strike||exori max vis||Yes||100||100||15000||Attack||A stronger version of Energy Strike and Strong Energy Strike.|
|Ultimate Flame Strike||exori max flam||yes||100||90||15000||Attack||A stronger version of the spells Flame Strike and Strong Flame Strike.|
|Ultimate Healing||exura vita||no||160||30||1000||Healing||Restores a large amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Ultimate Light||utevo vis lux||yes||140||26||1600||Support||Fills the dark with light.|
Spells No Longer in Use
|Force Strike||exori mort||yes||20||11||600||Attack||Causes Physical Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster.|
|Ultimate Explosion||exevo gran mas vis||yes||1200||60||8000||Attack|| Makes a big explosion around the caster.|
|Animate Dead||adana mort||yes||600||27||1200||Summon||Makes 1 Animate Dead Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Transforms a corpse into a skeleton.|
|Destroy Field||adito grav||no||120||17||700||Support||Makes 3 Destroy Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Destroys fire, poison and energy fields, from any distance as long there's nothing blocking the path.|
|Disintegrate||adito tera||yes||200||21||900||Support||Makes 3 Disintegrate Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Destroys movable objects.|
|Energy Bomb||adevo mas vis||yes||880||37||2300||Field||Makes 2 Energy Bomb Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 3×3 area of Energy Fields.|
|Energy Field||adevo grav vis||no||320||18||700||Field||Makes 3 Energy Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates an energy field, initial damage of 30 and followed by 25 addtional damage once the field is left.|
|Energy Wall||adevo mas grav vis||no||1000||41||2500||Field||Makes 4 Energy Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 1×7 Energy Fields Area if shot straight from the body. If shot on an angle, a total of 13 energy field squares will be made spanning 7 fields vertical and 7 fields horizontal.|
|Explosion||adevo mas hur||no||570||31||1800||Attack||Makes 6 Explosion Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Makes a small explosion in the shape of a plus-sign (+) around the target.|
|Fire Bomb||adevo mas flam||no||600||27||1500||Field||Makes 2 Fire Bomb Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 3×3 square of Fire Fields.|
|Fire Field||adevo grav flam||no||240||15||500||Field||Makes 3 Fire Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a Fire Field.|
|Fire Wall||adevo mas grav flam||no||780||33||2000||Field||Makes 4 Fire Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 1×5 Fire Fields area if shot straight from the body. If shot on an angle, a total of 9 fire field squares will be made spanning 5 fields vertical and 5 fields horizontal.|
|Fireball||adori flam||yes||460||27||1600||Attack||Makes 5 Fireball Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots a Fire Attack, this is the Sorcerers' equivalent of the Icicle.|
|Great Fireball||adori mas flam||no||530||30||1200||Attack||Makes 4 Great Fireball Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots a large circular flame attack based on the center of the selected area, this is the Sorcerers' equivalent of the Avalanche.|
|Heavy Magic Missile||adori vis||no||350||25||1500||Attack||Makes 10 Heavy Magic Missile Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an attack that inflicts Energy Damage.|
|Light Magic Missile||adori min vis||no||120||15||500||Attack||Makes 10 Light Magic Missile Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots a weak attack that causes Energy Damage.|
|Magic Wall||adevo grav tera||yes||750||32||2100||Support||Makes 3 Magic Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Makes an indestructible wall.|
|Poison Field||adevo grav pox||no||200||14||300||Field||Makes 3 Poison Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a poison cloud which deals an initial damage of 5 per hit. Total damage is 105 hitpoints (5 turns of 5 hp, 5 rounds of 4, 7 rounds of 3, 10 rounds of 2 and 19 rounds of 1) untill damage stops (when not healed).|
|Poison Wall||adevo mas grav pox||no||640||29||1600||Field||Makes 4 Poison Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 1×5 Poison Field area if shot straight from the body. If shot on an angle, a total of 9 poison field squares will be made spanning 5 fields vertical and 5 fields horizontal.|
|Soulfire||adevo res flam||yes||420||27||1800||Attack||Makes 3 Soulfire Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Causes the target to catch on fire.|
|Stalagmite||adori tera||no||350||24||1400||Attack||Makes 10 Stalagmite Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Sends out an earth missile (like HMM), it deals Earth Damage.|
|Sudden Death||adori gran mort||no||985||45||3000||Attack||Makes 3 Sudden Death Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots a powerful death attack on a single target.|
|Thunderstorm||adori mas vis||yes||430||28||1100||Attack||Makes 4 Thunderstorm Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an energy attack that covers a large area around the target, this is the Sorcerers' equivalent of the Stone Shower.|
Possible Hotkey Assignments
If you are having trouble with too many hotkeys to remember, then the following table may be useful for you. It provides an organized set of hotkey assignments for the most commonly used spells for this vocation.
This table is only an idea to help you build your own set of hotkeys, you obviously do not need to use these key assignments if you do not want to. See the page on Hotkeys for a blank template.
You can also print this table out and place it above your keyboard as a quick-reference. Make sure you print "landscape" instead of "portrait", or you will not print the entire table.
|Light.||Light Healing.||Intense Healing.||Ultimate Healing.||Energy Strike.||Flame Strike.||Death Strike.||Fire Wave.||Haste.||Levitate Up.||Invisible.||Magic Shield.||Standard|
|SHIFT+||Ultimate Light.||Antidote.||Find Person.||Creature Illusion.||Energy Wave.||Hell's Core.||Rage of the Skies.||GEB.||Strong Haste.||Levitate Down.||Magic Rope.||Summon Creature.||Powerful|
|CTRL+||Destroy Field.||Magic Wall.||Desintegrate.||HMM.||GFB.||Explosion.||Sudden Death.||Stalagmite.||Thunderstorm.||Fire Bomb.||Energy Bomb.||Runes|
|Missing Spells:||Great Light, Enchant Staff|
|Missing Runes:||Poison Field, Fire Field, Light Magic Missile, Fireball, Energy Field, Desintegrate, Soulfire, Firebomb, Animate Dead, Poison Wall, Magic Wall, Fire Wall, Energybomb, Energy Wall|
See also: Sorcerer Template