The upcoming update is the 2015 Summer Update . Its version number is 10.8. Short teasers for this update started being released on May 5, followed by teasers every 2-3 days, which is unlike previous teasers from previous updates.
- Old Trails Lead To New Discoveries! (I)
- Old Trails Lead To New Discoveries! (II)
- Old Trails Lead To New Discoveries! (III)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (IV)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (V)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (VI)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (VII)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (VIII)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (IX)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (X)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (XI)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (XII)
- Old Trails Lead to New Discoveries! (XIII)
- Further Summer Update Stuff
- This FAQ will be removed some time after the update goes live. It's to answer questions that users might have about the update.
Q: How should I prepare myself for this update?
- Red Piece of Cloth will likely go down in price thanks to the new Hero Fortress. Sell them if you can.
- Bonelord Eye will likely go down in price thanks to the new Liberty Bay Bonelords. Sell them if you can.
- Premium Scrolls will be removed from the game, converted into Tibia Coins. It might be a good idea to sell them now, but perhaps not.
- The existing in-game runes are becoming strong variants of the runes (i.e. player-made). It might be a good idea to stock up on store-bought runes now. However, a lot of players are doing this so it may take some time before you can sell them.
Q: I'm a high level (250+) mage, how will this update affect me?
- A: Your runes will deal about 10% less damage than before the update if you buy them from stores. Although 10% seems like a lot, it's not a big difference. You can still purchase runes that are made by players although this may be more expensive.
Q: What new hunting grounds are available for high levels?
Q: What new hunting grounds are available for low levels?
- A: A lot more tasking dungeons. Although there are a lot of dungeons aimed at low levels, this list contains the few good ones:
Q: Are they really nerfing runes?
- A: Yes. Runes that are bought from the store will have reduced firepower.
Q: How much weaker will runes be?
- A: Right now CipSoft is experimenting with 10% damage less than player-made runes.
Q: Can I purchase player-made runes from other players?
- A: Yes. It doesn't matter if you made them yourself.
Q: Will my current runes be converted to player-made runes or NPC-bought runes?
- A: CipSoft has implied that existing runes will become player-made runes. Please note that this and anything else is still subject to change.
Q: Why is CipSoft nerfing runes?
- A: The objective is to make Rune Making more attractive. In today's Tibia, it is more efficient to hunt than it is to create runes. After the update, players might have more incentive to create their own or create them to sell.
Q: How are paladins going to be affected by the change?
- A: The change will affect low level paladins the most because high level paladins don't use the ammunition being affected. Low levels will most likely struggle until they can use ammunition that is not being affected, such as Onyx Arrows, because creating one's own ammunition was never practical. Cipsoft has confirmed there will be no changes regarding currently non-craftable ammunition.
Q: What about burst arrows?
- A: Burst Arrows can be looted and crafted, but not bought from NPCs. This will not change, but self-made burst arrows will deal more damage than looted burst arrows.
Q: What about enchanted spears?
- A: They are not affected by a change as there are no NPCs who sell them.
New Features and Changes
- Mount-specific achievements for mounts tameable in-game (inspired by this proposal).
- Gnomission, Grizzly Adams, and Rashid now buy a larger variety of items (inspired by this proposal).
- Runes and Munitions bought from NPCs are now 10% less effective than their self-made counterparts (inspired by this proposal). This also includes looted ones.
- Moreover, self-made runes and munitions now sparkle to enable easy recognition.
New Locations / Hunting Places
- Terramite Breeding Tunnels, located here
- Nightmare Isles (Mini World Change), accessed through a portal here, here or here
- Kha'zeel Mountains Dragon Lairs, located here
- Grimvale, a new island near Edron inhabited by Were-Creatures. You can travel there by boat from here
- Old Fortress (Heroes), located here
- Forgotten Tomb, located here
- Edron Vampire Crypt, located here
- Kha'zeel Scarab Lair, located here
- Mother of Scarabs Lair, with 2 entrances here and here (hidden hole)
- Forbidden Temple, located here (hidden hole)
- Medusa Tower with Stone Golems, Gargoyles, Clay Guardians, Earth Elementals, Massive Earth Elementals, Omnivoras, Behemoths, Serpent Spawns and Medusae, located here
- Spider Caves with Poison Spiders, Tarantulas, and Giant Spiders, located here
- Asura Palace, located here
- Hunter Camp/Dworc Camp (Mini World Change), located here
- Water Elemental Dungeon, located here
- Chakoya Iceberg (Mini World Change), located here
- Quara Grotto, around here
- Hive Outpost (Mini World Change), around here
- Corym Black Market, around here
- Vandura Wyrm Cave, around here
- Bonelord Cave, located here
New Mini World Changes
- The Poacher and Wolf Cave will sometimes have Poachers, but sometimes Ghost Wolves instead.
- Poachers are ravaging the wildlife north of the Green Claw Swamp. But the animals seem to fight back!
- The Hive Outpost will sometimes be established west of Liberty Bay.
- A hive infestation has been sighted south-west of Liberty Bay! An unnerving humming and buzzing is filling the air.
- Strange sounds echo through Trapwood as hunters and dworcs fight over the holy grounds and the game that roams there.
- The Nightmare Isles change locations.
- A sandstorm travels through Darama, leading to isles full of deadly creatures inside a nightmare. Avoid the river near Drefia!
- A sandstorm travels through Darama, leading to isles full of deadly creatures inside a nightmare. Avoid the Ankhramun tar pits!
- Grimvale is experiencing a full moon (13th - 15th of each month) which is affecting the creatures on this island.
- The full moon has a strange impact on the island of Grimvale. The small forest there seems darker, filled with nightly howls.
- The Chakoya Iceberg sometimes becomes accessible far north of Port Hope.
- A big iceberg has been washed up at the coast north of Port Hope. It seems to be inhabited by strange white furballs.
|Name||Min Level||Rec Level||Prem||Location||Reward|
|Asura Palace Quest||0||200+||✓||Asura Palace.||3 Small Rubies, 3 Small Sapphire, loot of The Flaming Orchid.|
|Cartography 101 Quest||0||75||✓||All over the Tibian lands.||Achievement Cartography 101|
|Nightmare Teddy Quest||0||250+||✓||Nightmare Isles.||Nightmare Teddy.|
|The Great Dragon Hunt Quest||0||40+||✓||Kha'zeel Dragon Lairs.||Red Dragon Scale once, and one of the following every time you complete the quest: Strong Mana Potion, Life Ring, some Platinum Coins, Red Gem, ??|
|The Lost Brother Quest||0||200+||✓||Tiquanda, Asura Palace.||Red Gem.|
|The Tainted Souls Quest||0||✗||Swamp of Lost Souls in the Green Claw Swamp.||Chance to fight Ekatrix.|
|Bearbaiting||✗||✗||Hunter's greeting! Your skillful use of the slingshot actually stunned a large bear. The creature is slightly dazed, but seems susceptible to your commands. Let's declare open season on all our foes!|
|Beneath the Sea||✓||✗||Not really twenty thousand miles, but you had to dive a fair way beneath the sea to find your personal Manta Ray.|
|Blacknailed||✓||✗||Well, you can rest your nailcase now. This gravedigger's fingernails are nice and clean. Though after the next hellride, you might not want to let it hand any food to you.|
|Cartography 101||✓||✗||You succeeded in finding and charting several previously unexplored landmarks and locations for the Adventurer's Guild, you probably never need to ask anyone for the way - do you?|
|Chequered Teddy||✓||✗||Don't let its fluffy appearance deceive you. The panda is a creature of the wild. It will take you to the most distant regions of Tibia, always in hopes of a little bamboo to nibble on or to check on a possible mate.|
|Dragon Mimicry||✓||✗||It's not really a dragon, but rather a kind of chimera. Nonetheless a decent mount to impress any passer-by.|
|Fabled Construction||✓||✗||Finding all the pieces to this complicated vehicle was one kind of a challenge. However, what you built in the end is rather a fabled than a feeble construction.|
|Fata Morgana||✓||✗||There are many delusions and phantasms in the desert. You saw a false oasis with fruit-bearing palm trees. Instead of water and refreshment, however, you found a dromedary in the end. What a useful Fata Morgana!|
|Fried Shrimp||✓||✗||This must be underwater love - this enormous crustacean now does thy bidding. Or maybe it's just in it for a little more of that shrimp barbecue, as that's a little hard to come by in the sea.|
|Friend of Elves||✗||✗||Kingly deer mostly prefer elves as friends and familiars. This one, however, decided to favour you as a confidant and rider. Well done!|
|Gear Up||✓||✗||Installing that control unit was a no-brainer. Now you're in control to make it walk this way or that, or to change tack at any moment if required. Your faithful walker mount obeys your every command.|
|Golden Sands||✓||✗||Counting ten thousand grains of sand could not have been harder than gaining this impressive mount.|
|Icy Glare||✓||✗||Here's looking at you, kid. This ancient creature seems to size you up with its brilliant eyes and barely tolerates you riding it. Maybe it thinks you're the defrosted snack, after all?|
|Knock on Wood||✓||✗||It's a wound-up wooden lizard! Well, stranger things have happened, or so you're told. Just hop on and let this wood-and-tin contraption take you anywhere you want to wind down a bit. And hope you don't get hit by lightning underway.|
|Lion King||✓||✗||By mastering the secrets of Lion's Rock, you proved yourself worthy to face the mighty lions there. One of them even chose to accompany you.|
|Little Ball of Wool||✗||✗||You found a lost sheep and thus a steady source of black wool. But careful: don't get entangled.|
|Lovely Dots||✓||✗||Finding a four-leaved clover is always a sign of luck. And as luck would have it, you even baited a lovely dotted ladybug. Lucky you!|
|Loyal Lad||✗||✗||Having a loyal friend alongside is comforting to every adventurer. If only this lad were not so stubborn...|
|Lucky Horseshoe||✗||✗||'Sweets for my steed' could be your motto. An impressive horse is eating out of your hand. Saddle up and be ready to find adventure, new friends, and maybe someone to shoe your horse now and then.|
|Luminous Kitty||✓||✗||You made some efforts to bring a little more light into the world. And what a nice present you got in return!|
|Magnetized||✓||✗||This magnetic beast attracted you in a very literal way. Or was it attracted by your metal equipment? Anyway, you seem to be stuck together now.|
|Mind the Dog!||✓||✗||Barking dogs never bite, as the saying goes. But this one clearly tried. In the end, however, you were able to walk the dog - ahem, gnarlhound.|
|Out of the Stone Age||✓||✗||What a blast from the past! This thankful patient thinks you missed your dentist vocation. It's now ready to take a bite of the future and to carry you to your next adventure, or your next patient.|
|Pecking Order||✓||✗||Ah, the old carrot-on-a-stick trick. Well done! You've made the racing bird accept you as a rider and provider. Just don't feed it your fingers.|
|Personal Nightmare||✓||✗||It might come as a shock to you, but this is the mount of your dreams. Not exactly the white steed of Prince Charming, but maybe the ladies will still scream and faint at the sight of you.|
|Pig-Headed||✗||✗||Whoa, sow long! This boar is like a force of nature, breaking through the undergrowth of all the Tibian forests and all records of speed. Hang on!|
|Scales and Tail||✓||✗||The Muggy Plains are a dangerous place, often raided by dragons. But that was your luck: thus you found this scaly little guy.|
|Slugging Around||✗||✗||Drugging a snail can have some beneficial side effects. You're now the proud owner of a snarling, speed-crazy slug. Maybe it'll purr if you stroke it. Anyway, life should be one slick ride from now on.|
|Spin-Off||✓||✗||Seems like this spider's got a sweet tooth. As a result, eight hairy legs are now at your disposal to crawl and weave at your whim, and strike fear into the hearts of men.|
|Starless Night||✓||✗||By many it is considered a myth like the Yeti. But you came, saw and tamed it. Now you're the proud rider of a midnight panther, black as a starless night.|
|Stuntman||✓||✗||A drop of oil and you're good to go. This unique mount will roll merrily in and out of any strange place you want to visit. If you see no exit, you probably ended up in a circus ring. Ah well, the show must go on!|
|Swamp Beast||✗||✗||By cleverly using a leech to cool that raging bull's blood, you managed not to get swamped or trampled in a water buffalo stampede. The creature is now docile and follows your every command.|
|The Right Tone||✗||✗||By setting the right tone you convinced a crystal wolf to accompany you. Remember it is made of crystal, though, so be careful in a banshee's presence.|
|Thick-Skinned||✓||✗||It's unstoppable! Walls? Fortresses? Obstacles? Objections? Pah! Nothing will stand before the stampor. Arrows and spears bounce off its hide, enemies are trampled by the dozen. Just don't go for the subtle approach or a date on this thing.|
|Way to Hell||✓||✗||This fiery beast really tried to give you hell. But not even a magma crawler can resist a mug of spicy, hot glow wine. Skol!|
|Cornell||Ferryman||✗||North of Stonehome and south on Grimvale, approximately here.|
|Gilmak Copperbeard||Unknown Occupation||✗||Asura Palace.|
|✓||South-east on Grimvale, in his little house.|
|Maeryn||Guard||✗||South-west on Grimvale, one floor up in a house.|
|✗||On Grimvale, northernmost hut|
|Tarun||Merchant||✗||Tiquanda, next to the mountain pass entrance.|
|Adventurer's Map||2.40|| |
|Antler Talisman||2.40|| |
|Avalanche Rune (Weak)||0.52|| |
|Badger Boots||speed +10||12.00|
|Burst Arrow (Weak)||0.90|
|Dragon Eye (Replica)||28.00|| |
|Enchanted Werewolf Amulet||5.50|| |
|Explosion Rune (Weak)||0.35|| |
|Fireball Rune (Weak)||0.42|| |
|Fur Armor||49.00|| |
|Gloom Wolf Fur||1.20|
|Golden Lotus Brooch||1.00|
|Great Fireball Rune (Weak)||0.52|| |
|Heavy Magic Missile Rune (Weak)||0.21|| |
|Holy Missile Rune (Weak)||0.42|| |
|Icicle Rune (Weak)||0.42|| |
|Intense Healing Rune (Weak)||2.10|| |
|Light Magic Missile Rune (Weak)||0.21|| |
|Nightmare Teddy||5.90|| |
|Noble Sword (Replica)||50.00|| |
|Oriental Shoes||speed + 15||5.00|| |
|Peacock Feather Fan||2.00|
|Phoenix Statue (Replica)||20.00|| |
|Piercing Bolt (Weak)||0.80|
|Power Bolt (Weak)||0.90|
|Purple Nightshade Blossoms||2.00|| |
|Sacred Antler Talisman||2.40|| |
|Simple Arrow (Weak)||0.60|
|Sniper Arrow (Weak)||0.70|
|Stalagmite Rune (Weak)||0.21|| |
|Stone Shower Rune (Weak)||0.52|| |
|Sudden Death Rune (Weak)||0.70|
|Thunderstorm Rune (Weak)||0.52|| |
|Tibia Coins||0.00|| |
|Trophy of Feroxa||5.00|
|Ultimate Healing Rune (Weak)||2.10|| |
|Werewolf Helmet||speed +15||25.00|
|Blooming Purple Nightshade||✗|
|Hoard of Dragon Gold||✗|| Unlike a regular Hoard of Gold, this one is actually usable.
|Hoard of Gold||✗||It also contains some gems.|
|Purple Nightshade||✗||During full moon this plant will transform to Blooming Purple Nightshade.|
|Strangely Glowing Mark (Blue)||✓|
|Strangely Glowing Mark (Green)||✓|
|Trophy of Feroxa (Object)||✗||See also: Trophy of Feroxa|
|Werebadger Trophy (Object)||✗||It's an immovable Werebadger Trophy that is fixed to a wall. There are two forms: one facing south and one facing east.|
|Werebear Trophy (Object)||✗||It's an immovable Werebear Trophy that is fixed to a wall. There are two forms: one facing south and one facing east.|
|Wereboar Trophy (Object)||✗||It's an immovable Wereboar Trophy that is fixed to a wall. There are two forms: one facing south and one facing east.|
|About Were-Transformation||It explains lycanthropia.|
|How to Curse a Soul||An instructional book on how to curse and redeem a soul.|
|How to Make Trees Come Alive||An instructional book on how to make trees come alive.|
|Untitled||It explains that the mirrors will direct moonlight into Feroxa's portal.|
|Untitled||Second list of the known and acknowledged wonders of the Tibian world.|
|The Moonshadow Temple||It tells of a remarkable temple.|