Mini World Changes were implemented in the Winter Update 2011. Just as World Changes do, they allow for a more dynamic shaping of the Tibian world but unlike them, these cannot be triggered through actions made by Players. These changes happen somewhat rarely and do not come with warnings. They last a few hours. NPC Towncryer tells you about these mini changes, by shouting a message. Since Updates/10.2 it's also possible to check which MWCs are active on the World Board at the Adventurer's Guild.
This page may contain spoiler information. Reading futher is at your own risk.
Table of Contents
World Board: Several banks in major coastal towns are being robbed! The thieves are still on the loose!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Stand and deliver! That's what they shout, robbing banks in main's coastal towns and then hide out. Catch the thieves and make us proud, bring back the gold to please the crowd!
From time to time thieves will rob one of the banks of Tibia and the bankers will ask you for help. In order to restore the bank's functionality you will have to find and fight the thieves and bring back the bags of stolen money for a small reward. This Mini World Change will start at a random time during a day and end when the thief is caught, unlike other Mini World Changes which start after server save and run until another server save. This means that Towncryer will not announce the robbery if it has yet to occur or the money has already been returned.
- For the bankers of Thais, Naji and Suzy, you need to find Jesse the Wicked, around here.
- For the banker of Ab'Dendriel, Finarfin, you need to find Elvira Hammerthrust, around here.
- For the banker of Carlin, Eva, you need to find Robby the Reckless, around here.
- For the banker of Venore, Rokyn, you need to find Mornenion, around here.
- For Naji
- Delivering the Bag With Stolen Gold.
- For Rokyn
- Holding the Bag With Stolen Gold and delivery
- after the money was delivered
- For Eva
World Board: Sharpen your sword! The witch Wyda seems to be bored so pay her a visit!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! The witch Wyda seems to be bored. Pay her a visit but sharpen your sword. She might come up with a terrible surprise, are you brave enough to believe your eyes?
This change happens in the Green Claw Swamp.
When Wyda is bored she will react different to keywords. If after saying "quest" she tells you that she's bored, you can bring her Blood Herbs and you have the chance to get a Torn Teddy and the achievement Torn Treasures. It's also possible to earn the achievement Someone's Bored by killing one of the fake Giant Spiders which spawn around Wyda's house.
World Board: An ice bridge now connects Svargrond to a frosty island, where monsters and a strange frozen creature have been sighted.
Towncryer: An icy bridge reaches toward an isle of frost and hidden fire, with cold-hearted monsters grim and dire.
This is a special kind of MWC. This island is accessible for just one month every year, from April 3 to May 3. This MWC provides you with the only possibility of taming an Ursagrodon.
World Board: In case you have some spare tentacle pieces, you can now use Devovorga's very essence to enter a boss lair!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Use Devovorga's Essence to fight an evil presence! Trade your every tentacle piece, to enter a boss' lair with ease!
|Anmothra||2||Slayer of Anmothra|
|Irahsae||5||Slayer of Irahsae|
|Teneshpar||8||Slayer of Teneshpar|
|Chikhaton||12||Slayer of Chikhaton|
|Phrodomo||16||Slayer of Phrodomo|
Down the Drain
World Board: The river south of the outlaw camp is flooding. A small island there should now be reachable safely.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! A river is flooding, south of the outlaw base. Explore a new isle, an unknown place. Don't be afraid, but ready your blade.
This change is to the south of Outlaw Camp.
Fire from the Earth
World Board: The volcano on Goroma sends his fiery message into the sky. A lot of creatures are flooding the lands together with its lava.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! The volcano on Goroma is spitting fire. Creatures are spawning, strong and dire. Lava is heading up the land. Adventurer, be careful or it will be your last stand!
Instead of the regular Stone Golems, Fire Elementals and Fire Devils, stronger creatures will appear inside the volcano: Demons, Diabolic Imps, Dragons, Dragon Hatchlings, Dragon Lords, Dragon Lord Hatchlings, Dragonlings and Hellfire Fighters. Therefore this MWC provides you with an excellent opportunity to tame your very own Dragonling.
World Board:A fiery fury gate has opened near one of the major cities somewhere in Tibia.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! A fiery gate has opened, threatening a city! Guard the people frightened, their death would be a pity!
Near one of Tibia's cities, a Fury Gate has opened. This gate leads you into a dungeon completely filled with all kinds of fiery creatures. It can appear nearby any of these towns: Ab'Dendriel (here), Ankrahmun (here), Carlin (here), Darashia (here), Edron (here), Kazordoon (here), Liberty Bay (here), Port Hope (here), Thais (here) and Venore (here).
World Board: Hail to the King! It's Kingsday in Thais, join the celebration!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! It is Kingsday, people, let us celebrate and sing! Decorate Thais and let the bells ring! Come to the arena to hear the swords cling. Let us rejoice! Hail to the King!
- Thais will be decorated for the day (as it was for Tibia's 15th Anniversary).
- Thaian NPCs will talk differently during the day.
- If it's Sunday, you can enter the Tibian Prize Exhibition for free.
- Raids will occur in the Knights' Guild arena every hour (approximately 5-20 minutes after the hour).
- Cursing at King Tibianus will have you sent to the Thaian Jail, where you will remain until the next raid in the Knights' Guild arena. You cannot logout in the jail, there is no way to leave before the next raid.
- Greeting the king will reward players with the achievement Loyal Subject.
- The king's mages have summoned some creatures from the tombs in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Larvae, Scarabs, Ghouls, Mummys, Crypt Shamblers, Gargoyles.
- The king's mages have summoned some goblins in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Goblins, Goblin Scavengers, Goblin Assassins, Goblin Leaders.
- The king's mages have summoned some creatures from the Tiquanda jungle in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Terramites, Wasps, Centipedes, Carniphilas, Slimes.
- The king's mages have summoned some dragons in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Dragons, Dragon Hatchlings.
- The king's mages have summoned some dragon lords in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Dragon Lords, Dragon Lord Hatchlings.
- The king's mages have summoned some frost dragons in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Frost Dragons, Frost Dragon Hatchlings.
- The king's mages have summoned some lizards in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Low Class Lizards.
- The king's mages have summoned some minotaurs in the knights arena for you enjoyment. — Minotaurs, Minotaur Archers, Minotaur Mages, Minotaur Guards.
- The king's mages have summoned some trolls in the knights arena for you enjoyment. — Frost Trolls, Swamp Trolls, Troll Champions, Troll Legionnaires, Furious Trolls, Mechanical Fighters.
- The king's mages have summoned some orcs in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Orc Spearman, Orc Shamans, Orc Warriors, Orc Leaders and Orc Warlords.
- The king's mages have summoned some elementals in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Earth Elementals, Energy Elementals, Fire Elementals, Water Elementals.
- The king's mages have summoned some dworcs in the knights arena for your enjoyment. — Dworc Venomsnipers, Dworc Fleshhunters and Dworc Voodoomasters.
World Board: Looks like the Queen's own royal trees are being cut down! The lumberjacks responsible shall be put to justice.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! North of the Queen's town, the royal trees are cut down. Will you deal with the suspect or report such kind of disrespect?
World Board: Nomads travel the eternal sands of Ankrahmun's desert. There must be a camp somewhere.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Ankrahmun's desert is the nomads' land. Find their camp in the golden sand, and a treasure may be close at hand!
Different Nomads can be found at specific places in Kha'labal. It's not active every day and only one Nomad Camp can be found when it's active. There are 4 different camps (though only 3 have treasures). The treasure can be claimed once per day, meaning that the quest flag for each chest is reset after each server save.
- South of the Tarpit Tomb, here. This is the only camp without any chest. It's inhabitated by 4 blue-clothed Nomads.
- North-east of the Ancient Ruins Tomb, here. At this camp you can find a chest with 10 Ham. It's inhabitated by 3 blue-clothed Nomads.
- North-east of the Shadow Tomb, here. At this camp you can find a chest with 50 Fishes. It's inhabitated by 5 blue-clothed Nomads and a Dog.
- South of the Ancient Ruins Tomb, here. At this camp you can find a chest with a Fur Bag containing 3 Small Emeralds, a Black Pearl, a Small Topaz and a Silver Amulet. It's inhabitated by 4 female Nomads.
Noodles is Gone
World Board: Not again! Noodles has taken some royal freedom and left the castle, after him in the name of the king!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Noodles is gone, the King in despair! Find the little rascal, look everywhere. Bring him back to get rewarded for your care!
Noodles, who lives in the King's throneroom sometimes disappears. Go to King Tibianus in the Rain Castle and ask him about Noodles. He will then hand you a Dog Collar to bring his dog back. Noodles has a very large walking area that stretches over all of the Thaian peninsula. The quicker you go look for him after server save, the more likely you are to find him. Known places where he spawns at server save are:
- South of Thais, near the Wolf Dungeon, here.
- South of Thais, near the Minotaur Camp, here.
- East of Thais, here.
- North west of Thais, here.
- West of Greenshore, around here.
- North-west of Greenshore, around here
- Near the White Flower Temple, around here.
- The southern peninsula with the Cyclops Camp, here.
- North-east of the Snake Tower guildhall, here.
- Inside the kitchen of his home castle, here.
- Around his home castle, here.
Once you've used the dog collar on Noodles, return to the King and request your reward. Note that you cannot repeat this task for 2 weeks — the King will not give you another dog collar and you cannot use another collar on Noodles during this time.
- Achievement Dog Sitter
- 1,000 experience points
- One of the following:
- Turning in task:
- or for Fan Doll of Queen Eloise:
Obtaining reward from King Tibianus, 650 trials.
||Tries to get 1
|5 Platinum Coins||641||98.62%||2|
|Fan Doll of Queen Eloise||9||1.38%||73|
World Board: Oriental ships sighted! A trader for exotic creature products may currently be visiting Carlin, Ankrahmun or Liberty Bay.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! What a lucky and beautiful day! Visit Carlin, Ankrahmun, or Liberty Bay. Yasir, the oriental trader might be there. Gather your creature products, for this chance is rare.
River Runs Deep
World Board: The river in Zao Steppe runs deep, there may be more fish than usual!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! In Zao Steppe the river runs deep. If you catch a strange fish it is yours to keep.
World Board: A whole nest of spiders needs to be exterminated as Mamma Longlegs is on the loose.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Mamma Longlegs will not rest while she guards her cosy nest. Exterminate its kin in there to finally get rid of her.
West of Venore some Poison Spiders run around and inside a small nest (here) you can fight Mamma Longlegs. Kill her three times to obtain the achievement Nestling. After having done so, you will not be able to enter the area anymore.
World Board: Adventurers have told of a Spirit Gate in the Daramian mountains. Fight the restless undead! (Darama)
World Board: Adventurers have told of a Spirit Gate in the Ghostlands. Fight the restless undead! (Ghostlands)
World Board: Adventurers have told of a Spirit Gate in Vengoth. Fight the restless undead! (Vengoth)
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! In Darashia, a gate has opened to the spirit ground, where nightmares, banshees and ghouls abound! (Darama)
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! In the Ghostlands, a gate has opened to the spirit ground, where nightmares, banshees and ghouls abound! (Ghostlands)
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! In Vengoth, a gate has opened to the spirit ground, where nightmares, banshees and ghouls abound! (Vengoth)
Every day, one of the portals to the Spirit Grounds will be open. These portals are located near Darashia (here), at the Ghostlands (here) and at Vengoth (here). No objectives for this Mini World Change are known, and neither are any associated achievements. It is simply a place to hunt. The monsters inside the Spirit Grounds vary independently of the portal's location, making it like 2 Mini World Changes in 1.
World Board: Stampede! The Ape God has stirred up Tiquanda's elephants again!
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Tiquanda's elephants are terrified, the Ape God's footsteps are a scary sight. So hunt for their tusks while they are filled with fright!
For one day you can find Terrified Elephants, which have a higher chance to drop Elephant Tusks than normal Elephants. The area where they spawn is small and mostly cleared of vegetation. It contains ~8 Terrified Elephants.
World Board: Judging by the unnerved mammoths in Svargrond, enough snow has melted away to reveal some very special flora.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Mammoths silently watch as the snow melts away. It reveals special flowers which are not meant to stay. Grow their seeds to brighten up your day!
World Board: Bibby Bloodbath and her crew are roaming the lands, destroying everything in their path.
Towncryer: Hear ye! Hear ye! Bibby is back with blood as her track! Wreaking havoc on her path, let her feel your wrath!
A small Orc Encampment (a handful of Orc Warriors outside the palisade, and inside two Orc Berserkers, an Orc Leader and three Orc Warlords) can be found north of the Jakundaf Desert (here), north of Carlin (here) or east of the Femor Hills (here). After killing all of the orcs inside the camp, Bibby Bloodbath will spawn. Kill her and you will be rewarded with the achievement Bibby's Bloodbath.
Through some empirical research it became very likely not every Mini World Change has the same chance of occurring. Therefore statistics have been gathered which can be seen below. This is a working project since more statistics need to be added to get accurate data. To gather this data a character needs to check the World Board once every 24 hours, which can be done on multiple worlds. A total varying between zero and eight MWC at the same time have been encountered.
Mini World Changes, 228 trials.
||Tries to get 1
|Spirit Grounds (Darama)||93||40.79%||3|
|Down the Drain||85||37.28%||3|
|Spirit Grounds (Ghostlands)||71||31.14%||4|
|Spirit Grounds (Vengoth)||63||27.63%||4|
|River Runs Deep||58||25.44%||4|
|Fire from the Earth||33||14.47%||7|
|Noodles is Gone||21||9.21%||11|