July 03, 2018
This quest has no legend.
All over Tibia.
Most of the creatures that can be found on Tibia's surface and above.
Since this quest revolves around exploring all Tibia, several quests will be required to access different locations of the map.
This quest tracks your progress in discovering the Tibia Map using the Cyclopedia Map. Tibia has been divided into 18 areas. Each area is subdivided in several subareas, some of which are discoverable. For example, the Thais area is divided into Thais City, Thais Surroundings, Greenshore, Fibula, Mount Sternum and Thais Troll's Cave.
The quest is split into two "missions". A Speck of Land tracks the progress of discovery of the active subarea, while The Wide World tracks the number of areas fully discovered.
A Speck of Land
To discover a subarea, open the Cyclopedia, switch to the Map tab, click the subarea you want to discover and then click the Start Discovering button. Once you confirm your choice, several Points of Interest (PoI) will be randomly placed across the map. The PoIs are placed differently for each player, which means you'll have to search for them yourself. In order to complete this subarea, you have to find 7 PoIs within it. Note that you cannot discover multiple subareas simultaneously, i.e., if you start to discover a new area your current progress will be reset. Once 7 PoIs of a subarea has been discovered, this subarea will be permanently unlocked for that character and you can start discovering another one.
Here are some tips regarding discovering subareas:
- A message will be shown on the bottom of the game window every time you enter or leave the subarea you're currently discovering. Pay attention to it to avoid searching outside of the valid zone.
- A subarea can span across multiple floors. For example, city subareas usually also include their sewers as well as the upper floor of public buildings, walls and watchtowers.
- Even though more than 7 PoIs are generated for each subarea, you may find yourself stuck. If this happens, you can choose to reset the locations of the PoIs, but this will also reset you progress for this subarea, so think well before doing so.
- It's recommended that you activate discovering a subarea while outside of it. That's because Points of Interest will not be generated in the current game window, which may lead to the exclusion of one or more points that would have been easy to spot otherwise.
- Some tiles, for example quest doors or breakable-walls, are not part of the subarea. Because of this, when walking through them you will get the message that you left the subarea, even if the area ahead of you is also part of it. Always go into the room past these locations to make sure you're not discarding an active searching area. An example of this is the level door that guards the Medusa and Serpent Spawn dungeon under Talahu.
Some subareas can be tricky because of special situations:
- The hall and watching areas of the Duelling Arenas and Monster Arenas of each town are also part of the respective City subarea.
- The Tibian Prize Exhibition is part of the Thais City subarea. Thus, unless it's Sunday, it may be harder to find all 7 points around Thais and you might have to reset the points to find all 7.
- The Exhibition area of the Museum of Tibian Arts is also considered part of Thais Surroundings.
- In order to fully explore the Ice Islands subarea, you must shipwreck in the Arctic Faun's Island by chance.
- You can only explore Zzaion when its open due to the Orc Raid there.
- The Asura Palace subarea comprises both the area above the surface as well as the secret basement accessed through the mirror (see: The Secret Library Quest - The Lament).
- The small mountain side east of Vengoth is also part of its subarea, and you may find a point of interest here by going up the ramp from the Zao Steppe.
- The Dragonblaze Peaks subarea also contains the Zao Palace Antechambers and the Zao Palace itself, though you can find 6 or even 7 points without entering the Palace, but if you're missing one you may have to face some Drakens.
- The Emperor's Castle includes the Inner Sanctum, which is the area of the Wrath of the Emperor Quest with Ghastly Dragons and Undead Dragons.
The Wide World
As you discover more subareas of a given area, you will unlock some new map features for this area:
- After unlocking 30% of the area, locations of NPCs within that respective area will be shown on the map.
- For discovering 70% of the area, you'll be able to see passages to subareas on other map layers and teleports will be displayed as stair symbols on the map.
- Once you discover 100% of an area, creatures that occur in those subareas are listed when you click on a subarea's name or on a passages symbol that leads to this subarea. Creatures for which the Bestiary entry has not yet been unlocked are displayed as a silhouette. In addition, you will also be notified whenever a raid is about to take place in that area within the next hour. Finally, you'll receive an Achievement corresponding to this area.
|Area||# of Subareas||Discoverable Subareas||Achievement|
|Carlin||9||Carlin City, Ghostlands, Carlin Surroundings, Fields of Glory, Folda, Vega, Senja, Isle of the Kings, Ice Islands||Long Live the Queen|
|Thais||6||Thais City, Thais Surroundings, Mount Sternum, Thais Troll's Cave, Fibula, Greenshore||All Hail the King|
|Ab'Dendriel||4||Ab'Dendriel City, Ab'Dendriel Surroundings, Draconia, Elvenbane||Elven Woods|
|Kazordoon||8||Kazordoon City, Kazordoon Surroundings, Femor Hills, Rorc Plains, Orc Lands, Ulderek's Rock, Kazordoon Troll Den, Horned Fox Lair||Dwarven Mines|
|Venore||13||Venore City, Venore Surroundings, Shadowthorn, Venore Southern Swamp, Green Claw Swamp, Jakundaf Desert, Plains of Havoc, Dark Cathedral, Outlaw Camp, Gloom Caverns, Amazon Camp, Black Knight Villa, Venore Dragon lair||Jewel in the Swamp|
|Edron||11||Edron Castle, Edron Orc Lands, Edron Surroundings, Cormaya, Stonehome, Grimvale, Edron Goblin Den, Edron Troll Den, Cyclopolis, Edron Hero Fortress, Edron Dragon Lair||Stronghold of Edron|
|Northern Darama||5||Darashia City, Northern Darama Desert, Lion's Rock, Daramian Minotaur Pyramid, Drefia||In Darmans Footsteps|
|Southern Darama||5||Ankrahmun City, Southern Darama Desert, Kha'zeel Dragon Lairs, Southern Terramite Tunnels, Ankrahmun Pharaoh Tombs||Mummys Dearest|
|Tiquanda||8||Port Hope City, Port Hope Surroundings, Banuta, Forbidden Lands of Tiquanda, Asura Palace, Chor, Medusa Tower, Kha'zeel Mountains||King of the Jungle|
|Hrodmir||12||Svargrond City, Svargrond Surroundings, Tyrsung, Hellheim, Inukaya, Grimlund, Nibelor, Formorgar Glacier, Bittermor, Krimhorn, Ragnir, Okolnir||Race to the Pole|
|Vandura||15||Liberty Bay City, Vandura Surroundings, Vandura Quara Caves, Vandura Cultist Hideout, Laguna Islands, Treasure Island, Nargor, Calassa, Talahu, Malada, Ramoa Hellgorge, Kharos, Goroma, Meriana||Liberty Bay Watch|
|Yalahar||12||Yalahar Centre, Yalahar Foreigner Quarter, Yalahar Arena Quarter, Yalahar Alchemist Quarter, Yalahar Graveyard, Yalahar Mage Quarter, Yalahar Sunken Quarter, Yalahar Factory Quarter, Yalahar Trade Quarter, Isle of Evil, Mistrock, Fenrock||Ancient Splendor|
|Zao||12||Zao Steppe, Vengoth, Zzaion, Falcon Bastion, Dragonblaze Peaks, Zao Orc Fortress, Muggy Plains, Spirittrails, Corrupted Gardens, Razzachai, Emperor's Castle, Chazorai||Lizard Kingdom|
|Quirefang||3||Gray Beach, Hive Pools, Hive Pyramids||Trip to the Beach|
|Roshamuul||3||Lower Roshamuul, Upper Roshamuul, Roshamuul Mountains||Twisted Dreams|
|Oramond||6||Rathleton City, Oramond Marshes, Rathleton Slum, Oramond Minotaur Camp, Rathleton Workshops, Oramond Mountain Hideout||Glooth Punk|
|Krailos||4||Ogre Village, Krailos Steppe, Krailos Mines, Krailos Ruins||The Ogre Steppe|
|Feyrist||2||Fae Village, Feyrist Meadows||Realms of Dreams|
Besides the reward received for completing subareas and areas, you can also receive the Discoverer Outfits and its two addons for completing 10, 15 and 20 areas, respectively. Note that since there are currently only 18 areas in the game, the reward for 20 areas is not obtainable yet, but will be in the future when new areas are added to the map.
When you complete 10 discovered Areas, you'll receive this message:
Awesome! You have already discovered 10 areas completely! Go and find Charos. He might have a little reward for such an ambitious discoverer like you.
Receiving the basic outfit:
Receiving the first addon: