A Hotkey is a button or combination of buttons that when pressed have some effect. In Tibia, players can set hotkeys to use items or send a string of text. For example, a player can use hotkeys to eat Ham (use), drink a Health Potion (use on yourself), dig with a Shovel where the player chooses (use with crosshairs), or use a Sudden Death Rune (use on target). Backpacks need not be opened in order to use hotkeyed items.
The client also has its own hotkeys, for example it is convention that the Ctrl+C hotkey corresponds to copy to system clipboard. These are unrelated to player-set hotkeys and are discussed separately.
On the Stand-Alone Client players can set up to 36 hotkeys. The function keys (F1, F2, F3, ..., F12) are the primary hotkeys, the secondary hotkeys are activated with ⇧ Shift followed by the function keys, and the tertiary hotkeys are activated with Ctrl followed by the function keys.
In 10.55 a feature was added to allow players to set hotkey presets, allowing automatic changing of hotkey sets.
On the Flash Client players can arbitrarily set up their own hotkeys. The Flash Client hotkey setup has an internal spellbook that allows you to select the spell to cast, but it is no different than actually casting the spells (you can set the string exura gran instead of setting the spell).
- Players can quickly find the total amount of an item they possess by adding a hotkey to a countable item and using it. For example many players hotkey Gold Coins so they can use the hotkey and quickly tell how many gold coins are in their backpack. Note that if the item has an effect when used, one of the item will be used in the process.
- Players can find the internal ID of an item by hotkeying it and searching the Tibia.cfg file for the added hotkey.
- In extension of finding item IDs, players can use hotkeys to distinguish versions of items, for example Rusty Armor (Common) from Rusty Armor (Rare). The only other way to achieve this is by using the Market.
Note that shortcuts with a (*) are not shown in the official manual.
- Ctrl+A - select all text in the field of focus. If the focus is on the console and the user has no written text, it will select all of the message box's text; otherwise it will select the user's entered text.
- Ctrl+C - copy the selected text into the system clipboard.
- Ctrl+X - cut the selected text and put it into the system clipboard. The old text will be deleted. Cannot be used on non-rewritable text such as the message box.
- Ctrl+V - paste a copy of the text from the clipboard into the field of focus. The clipboard will not be altered.
- ⇧ Shift+↑ & ⇧ Shift+↓ - browse through the recently sent text. If there is text in the console when this is initially used, an entry will be added to the list but the text will not be sent, so you can recover what was in the text field by pressing ⇧ Shift+↓.
- ⇧ Shift+← & ⇧ Shift+→ - move the text cursor left/right, allowing you to add or remove text at a different position.
|Tab ↹ &|
⇧ Shift+Tab ↹
|Switch between channels.|
|Ctrl+D||Switch to the Local Chat Channel.|
|Ctrl+O||Open a new channel.|
|Ctrl+E||Close the current channel.|
|Ctrl+M||Show server messages in the current channel.|
|Ctrl+I||Open the ignore and white lists.|
See also: Chat Commands.
Help and Report Functions
|Ctrl+H||Get online help for the client.|
|Ctrl+T||Open the Help Channel to get help by tutors.|
|Ctrl+Z||Bug Report (only tutors).|
|Alt+F8||Show current framerate (frames per second) without having to open the options panel. (*)|
|Alt+Home / End||Zoom the automap in or out.|
|Alt+↑ / → / ↓ / ←||Scroll on the automap.|
|Alt+Page Up / Page Down||Switch the automap to a higher or lower floor.|
|Esc||Stop any character action.|
|Log out from the game.|
|Alt+F4||Try exit game. (*)|
|Ctrl+G||Log out and switch to another character of your account.|
|Ctrl+P||Open/close VIP list.|
|Ctrl+B||Open/close Battle Window.|
|Ctrl+S||Open/close Skills Window.|
|Ctrl+K||Assign texts, spells or actions to hotkeys.|
|Ctrl+W||Remove statements from the game window.|
|Ctrl+R||Mount or dismount.|
|Ctrl+N||Hide the names and the status bars of the creatures on the game window.|
|Ctrl+F / Alt+↵ Enter||Switch to fullscreen mode or back to windowed mode.|
(Classic Control off)
|'Use' or 'Open' any item, container or object.|
(Classic Control on)
|'Use' or 'Open' any item, container or object (*).|
|⇧ Shift+Left/Right Click|
(Classic Control off/on)
|'Look' at any item, object, monster, NPC or character.|
|↑ / → / ↓ / ←||Walk (not diagonally).|
|Numpad Cursor Keys|
(Num Lock off)
|Walk (also diagonally).|
|⇧ Shift+Numpad Cursor Keys|
(Num Lock on)
|Walk (also diagonally) (*).|
|Ctrl+↑ / → / ↓ / ←||Change the direction your character is facing.|
|Ctrl+Moving stacked items||The whole stack will be moved at once.|
|⇧ Shift+Moving stacked items||You will only move one stacked item at a time.|
(Classic Control off/on)
|Start or to stop an attack to a monster or character.|
(Classic Control on)
|Start or to stop an attack to a monster or character. (*)|
Below is a template that you can print, cut-out and place above your keyboard as a quick reference. It has places for you to write in the hotkey assignments you have. NOTE: Be sure to print it in "landscape" instead of "portrait", or you will not print the entire table.
Note: Use the printable version to print it if you wish, since this is only a example on how the hotkey template look like.
|Mana Potion||Light Healing||Intense Healing||Ultimate Healing||Energy Strike||Flame Strike||Death Strike||Ice strike||Haste||Levitate Up||Invisible||Magic Shield||Standard|
|SHIFT+||Cancel Invisibility||Antidote||Find Person||Creature Illusion||Terra Strike||Fire Wave||Energy Wave||Energy Beam||Strong Haste||Levitate Down||Magic Rope||Summon Creature||Powerful|
|CTRL+||Destroy Field||Magic Wall||Desintegrate||HMM||GEB||Hell's Core||Rage of the Skies||Sudden Death||GFB||Explosion||Stalagmite||Wild Growth|
|Tibia 10 / Flash Client / Tibia 11|