The user page is a page made by the user to, usually, describe his or her character(s). It can also be used to describe what he's working on or has worked on. Basicly anything the user wants.
You can find your own user page by pressing the "My page" link, or visit this link. Most people use their user page to describe their characters.
You can also make subpages, to do this type [[User:Name/SubpageName]] somewhere on your userpage.
Please keep in mind that all pages on this wiki can be cached by Google and other search engines, and that all pages are available under the GFDL.
You may not use your user page for any content that is prohibited on Wikia. This includes, but is not limited to, copyright violations, pornography, excessive advertising, promotion of illegal activities, and hate speech. See the prohibited content page on Central for more detail on this.
For more information about the local policies on this wiki, see the Policy.
Editing user pageEdit
User pages are still wiki pages, so they are open for everyone to edit. Most people will ask before making major changes to someone else's user page though. Small changes, like formatting fixes or spelling corrections, are absolutely fine, and can be done freely - it's always nice to find your user page improved.
If you want to create an userpage fast, you can use one or more of the following templates. If you already posses some knowledge on wiki markup, you can also use the formatting used in these templates.
To show your character data you may choose from a variety of templates (list is incomplete):
- Template:Userpage1 a complete userpage
- Template:Userpage2 also a complete userpage, but with a different look
- Template:Character Information template for a table which looks just like your character page on tibia.com
- Template:Equips Set basic template to show outfit
- Template:Calculator complex template to show character, attack damage and spell/rune information
- Template:Calculator/Attack Runes Graph showing statistics with a horizontal bar for each rune spell
- Template:Skills template to show skills
- Template:Blessings template to show blessings character have and how much percents of experience loss on death
- to be continued
Some of these templates contain other templates. Most of these are pretty complicated, too.
Discussion pages on user pages are for discussing information about the site and edits. Do not have edit wars on these pages or you may possibly be banned. Once the page is very long you may archive it by typing "[User talk:Name/Archive number]" somewhere on your talk page, and then copy-paste the old comments to the archive.
Changing your signatureEdit
To change your signature to display a different color or words follow these steps:
- First go to your preferences.
- Type in any valid wiki-syntax (except templates, external links and images) into the "Signature" field, and check "Raw signature".
Take a look at this tip for another approach on how to change your signature.