Druids are masters of nature and healing magic. Throughout history, they have used their skills and knowledge to the benefit of all humans. Nature can heal and protect, but can also cause widespread destruction. As such, druids command the powers of ice and earth to punish those who oppose the natural order.
- Druids are welcome on team hunts thanks to their ability to heal others
- Various elemental spell effects make for interesting, colorful gameplay
- Druids can effectively deal several types of damage and can usually adapt to the hunted monsters' weaknesses
- Strong damage output in every situation, both single- and multi-target
- Can use Magic Shield to drastically increase survivability
- Fastest advancement in magic level (same as sorcerers)
- Largest amount of mana and fastest regeneration (same as sorcerers)
- Can make many types of offensive runes
- The only vocation capable of making the Icicle runes and the Avalanche runes which are useful for hunting dragons and demons
- Can use all types of runes, except the Holy Missile runes
- Can make healing runes
- Weak in terms of defense, druids must maintain distance from their enemies while casting spells and shooting runes. Sometimes, that is difficult and some people might not enjoy such gameplay
- Not the best choice for hunting for profit due to the cost of runes and low carrying capacity
- Lowest amount of hitpoints and slowest regeneration (same as sorcerers)
- Slowest advancement in shielding and melee skills (druids advance a little bit faster than sorcerers, but the difference is negligible)
- Lowest capacity (same as sorcerers)
- A lot of commonly hunted high-level monsters are either highly resistant or outright immune to ice damage and earth damage, which usually makes sorcerers better when hunting alone
Advancement and regeneration
Stat increase per level
Elder druids regenerate:
When a druid reaches level 20, they can purchase a promotion and become an elder druid with certain benefits.
Tips and Tricks
All vocations should use their strengths to their own benefit. For example, it would be useless for a knight to try and make money selling runes. Instead, use the unique aspects of the vocation to your advantage.
- Sell Runes. Druids can make large amounts of money as a Provider of nearly all kinds of runes, especially Icicle (Rune), if you have a premium account, and Avalanche (Rune) that high level mages use to hunt demons. You can make runes while standing around somewhere (manasit) but you can also use a melee weapon in a hunting ground wich you can easily slaughter and meanwhile making runes, this way you wont lose your soul (unless you are too hight level for the creatures you kill).
- Offer an Eternal Winter or Wrath of Nature service. Since Druids have strong attack spells, when you reach the level requirement for the Eternal Winter or Wrath of Nature spell, you will become very valuable on a large hunt or quest. Even helping with a quest that you have already completed, you can charge a large amount of money to help a group complete the quest.
- Offer a healing service. Because of the low mana cost for the Heal Friend and Mass Healing spells (compared to Ultimate Healing Runes), you can go along with a Knight on a hunt and do nothing but heal them. You can charge a flat rate for the amount of time you spend with them, or you might even be able to get a portion of the loot from the hunt. You may also do this on a group hunt, using the Mass Healing spell to heal other players, as well as summoned creatures.
- Summon creatures for others. You can charge a fee for summoning creatures for a paladin to convince. Since paladins cannot use the Summon Creature spell, you can summon a creature for them, and if they have enough mana, they can use a Convince Creature rune to take control over it and use it to help them hunt. You can also summon a monk or a ghoul for knights and paladins to train and charge a hourly fee (note you can only use this method in PvP and PvP-Enforced worlds because you cannot attack summons of players in Optional PvP worlds).
- Use a blocker. This way you can hunt larger creatures that you would not normally be able to take on alone. This will most likely cost you quite a bit in Runes, since druids do not have many instant attack spells, and you may need to pay the blocker for their services.
- Hunt with Summoned Creatures. When hunting with summons, you do not need to use as many runes, and you can stay in your hunting area longer because you are not using as much mana with your Rod.
- Use Defensive Fighting when you are hunting with Rods. Changing your fighting mode will not affect the damage that your rods will cause, but using Defensive Fighting will cause you to take less damage from any melee attacks. Note that the damage from Rods does NOT increase with level or magic level.
- Use your surroundings. Since most Rods cannot attack as far away as a Bow or Crossbow that Paladins use, druids need to use trees, stairs, and other obstacles to help maintain a distance from strong creatures. With some practice, you will be able to fight strong creatures without taking very much damage.
Advancing Your Skills
- Never have full mana. Your Magic Level is advanced by using mana. Every second that you have full mana, you are losing potential magic level advancement.
- Spend as little time as possible in Protection Zones. You cannot use mana that you do not generate, so spend as little time as possible in situations where you do not regenerate mana.
- If you have a daily reward streak of 3, 4 or 5 days, you will regenerate mana inside Resting Areas as depots, temples and houses. So you don't need to avoid being inside these places even though they are also protection zones.
- If you are a Premium Account player and you have a daily reward streak of 6 or more days, you are advised to stay inside resting areas since you will regenerate twice the mana you would regenerate outside these places.
- Always eat. Make sure you have access to Food at all times. If you run out of food, then you will not be able to regenerate mana for using.
- Use Rods to hunt. Using rods uses mana. An Elder Druid can regenerate mana as fast as the Snakebite Rod will use it, so they can potentially "train" their magic level by attacking creatures with this rod. If used on a creature that is immune to Poison, then your magic level will still advance, but you will not cause damage to the creature you are attacking, so you could potentially "train" for as long as you want to. A tip is to summon yourself a Snake and shoot it with your Snakebite Rod.
- Use your melee weapon when gaining Soul Points. You need only to kill one monster every 4 minutes, so you are not worried about killing monsters quickly. This frees up your mana for spells and you can use up your mana completely if you wish to train your magic level. The only time to use your rod is for leveling, otherwise best train your melee skill since you can use spells to use up mana.
- Carry Mana Potions. Not only is this a good idea if you get in a jam, but using Mana Potions will help you advance your Magic Level faster.
- Don't use Magic Shield if you don't need to. Any mana that you lose to your Magic Shield does not count towards your magic level. If you are not in danger of dying, use Light Healing, Intense Healing and Ultimate Healing spells instead. An other posibility for premium druids is Heal Friend which can also be used for self-healing, as it heals between 1/2 to all of your hitpoints (depending on your Level and Magic Level).
- Choose hunts carefully. The more mana potions you use, the more mana you'll be spending and thus the more progress you'll be making on your magic level. Choosing hunts that allow you to use alot of mana (and thus alot of potions) but provide enough loot to pay off your mana potions will result in significant increase in advancement rate. Obviously the power of your character will determine the most effective way to do this - for very powerful players this could be by using ultimate area spells with particular monsters may work (for example: Wrath of Nature on Quara), for less powerful players use of wave spells may be more suitable (for example: Ice Wave on Dworcs); obviously, killing more monsters (per cast) will provide more loot and make this more feasible
Pages of Particular Interest to Druids
|Apprentice's Strike||exori min flam||✗||8||6||0||Attack||Causes Fire Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Chill Out||exevo infir frigo hur||✗||1||8||0||Attack||Shoots a cone shaped wave in the direction the caster is looking, dealing Ice Damage.|
|Creature Illusion||utevo res ina "creature"||✗||23||100||1000||Support||Turns you into a certain creature for three minutes.|
|Cure Bleeding||exana kor||✓||45||30||2500||Healing||Stops the Special Condition called Bleeding.|
|Cure Burning||exana flam||✓||30||30||2000||Healing||Stops the Special Condition called Burning.|
|Cure Electrification||exana vis||✓||22||30||1000||Healing||Stops the Special Condition called Electrified.|
|Cure Poison||exana pox||✗||10||30||150||Healing||Cures the status of being poisoned.|
|Energy Strike||exori vis||✓||12||20||800||Attack||Causes Energy Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Envenom||utori pox||✓||50||30||6000||Attack||Deals Earth Damage (in a descending order) over time.|
|Eternal Winter||exevo gran mas frigo||✓||60||1050||8000||Attack||Causes ice damage to enemies on 64 squares around the caster. It is smaller than Wrath of Nature, but stronger.|
|Find Person||exiva "NAME"||✗||8||20||80||Support||Tells you which direction a certain player is, relative to you, and a rough idea of the distance.|
|Flame Strike||exori flam||✓||14||20||800||Attack||Causes Fire Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Food (Spell)||exevo pan||✗||14||120||300||Support||Creates various kinds of food.|
|Great Light||utevo gran lux||✗||13||60||500||Support||Provides illumination in a 4 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 11 minutes, 35 seconds.|
|Haste||utani hur||✓||14||60||600||Support||Increases Speed. (Consult the Formula page to determine the enhancement.) Duration is 31 seconds. Cures paralysis.|
|Heal Friend||exura sio "name"||✓||18||140||800||Healing||Heals a specified player. This can also be used on yourself.|
|Heal Party||utura mas sio||✓||32||Varies.||4000||Support||The Heal Party spell will increase the regeneration speed of players on his party to 20 hit points every 2 seconds for a period of 2 minutes.|
|Ice Strike||exori frigo||✓||15||20||800||Attack||Causes Ice Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Ice Wave||exevo frigo hur||✗||18||25||850||Attack||Shoots a cone shaped wave in the direction the caster is looking, dealing Ice Damage.|
|Intense Healing||exura gran||✗||20||70||350||Healing||Restores a medium amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Invisible||utana vid||✗||35||440||2000||Support||Makes the caster invisible to some creatures. Duration is 3 minutes, 20 seconds.|
|Levitate|| exani hur up|
exani hur down
|✓||12||50||500||Support||Permits vertical movement via levitation, up or down one level.|
|Light||utevo lux||✗||8||20||0||Support||Provides illumination in a 3 tile radius around the caster (area effect). Duration is 6 minutes, 10 seconds.|
|Light Healing||exura||✗||8||20||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Magic Patch||exura infir||✗||1||6||0||Healing||Restores a small amount of health. (Cures paralysis)|
|Magic Rope||exani tera||✓||9||20||200||Support||Teleports you up through a hole when you are standing in a rope spot.|
|Magic Shield||utamo vita||✗||14||50||450||Support||Damage taken reduces Mana instead of Hit Points. Duration is 3 minutes, 20 seconds.|
|Mass Healing||exura gran mas res||✓||36||150||2200||Healing||Heals all players and summons around the caster and will also heal the caster.|
|Mud Attack||exori infir tera||✗||1||6||0||Attack||Causes earth damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3? square meters away.|
|Physical Strike||exori moe ico||✓||16||20||800||Attack||Causes Physical Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Strong Haste||utani gran hur||✓||20||100||1300||Support||Makes you run faster than with Haste and is slightly less economical on distance given same time and mana, can also cure paralysis. It lasts for 22 seconds instead of 33 as with Haste. To determine your speed with this spell, go to the Formula page.|
|Strong Ice Strike||exori gran frigo||✓||80||60||6000||Attack||Causes a strong Ice Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Strong Ice Wave||exevo gran frigo hur||✓||40||170||7500||Attack||Shoots a small cone shaped wave in the direction the caster is looking, dealing a very strong Ice Damage. This spell has the same cooldown, manacost and damage formula as the Sorcerer's Energy Wave.|
|Strong Terra Strike||exori gran tera||✓||70||60||6000||Attack||Causes a strong Earth Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 squaremeters away.|
|Summon Creature||utevo res "creature name"||✗||25||varies||2000||Support||Summons a creature to help you.|
|Summon Grovebeast||utevo gran res dru||✓||200||3000||50000||Support||Summons a Grovebeast which lasts 15 minutes.|
|Terra Strike||exori tera||✓||13||20||800||Attack||Causes earth damage focused on the single square in front of the caster, or cast at a nearby target up to 3 square meters away.|
|Terra Wave||exevo tera hur||✗||38||210||2500||Attack||Shoots a wave in the direction the caster is looking dealing Earth Damage in a small area.|
|Ultimate Healing||exura vita||✗||30||160||1000||Healing||Restores a large amount of health to the target. (Cures paralysis.)|
|Ultimate Ice Strike||exori max frigo||✓||100||100||15000||Attack||A stronger version of Ice Strike and Strong Ice Strike.|
|Ultimate Light||utevo vis lux||✓||26||140||1600||Support||Fills the dark with light.|
|Ultimate Terra Strike||exori max tera||✓||90||100||15000||Attack||A stronger version of Terra Strike and Strong Terra Strike.|
|Wrath of Nature||exevo gran mas tera||✓||55||700||6000||Attack||Causes earth damage on 101 squares around the caster. It is larger than Eternal Winter, but weaker.|
Spells No Longer in Use
|Force Strike||exori mort||✓||11||20||600||Attack||Causes Physical Damage focused on the single square in front of the caster.|
|Poison Storm||exevo gran mas pox||✓||50||600||3400||Attack||Poisons enemies around the caster.|
|Undead Legion||exana mas mort||✓||30||500||2000||Summon||Creates a Skeleton from every corpse around you. The area affected is the same size as the Mass Healing Spell.|
|Animate Dead||adana mort||✓||27||600||1200||Support||Makes 1 Animate Dead Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Transforms a corpse into a skeleton.|
|Avalanche||adori mas frigo||✗||30||530||1200||Support||Makes 4 Avalanche Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an Ice attack that covers a large circular area centered around the target, this is the Druids' equivalent of the Great Fireball.|
|Chameleon||adevo ina||✗||27||600||1300||Support||Makes 1 Chameleon Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Turns you into an item. The effect lasts for 200 seconds (3 minutes, 20 seconds).|
|Convince Creature||adeta sio||✗||16||200 (+ some to use)||800||Support||Makes 1 Convince Creature Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Convinces a creatures to help you.|
|Cure Poison Rune||adana pox||✗||15||200||600||Support||Makes 1 Cure Poison Rune (Item) (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Cures the target from Poison.|
|Destroy Field||adito grav||✗||17||120||700||Support||Makes 3 Destroy Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Destroys fire, poison and energy fields, from any distance as long there's nothing blocking the path.|
|Disintegrate||adito tera||✓||21||200||900||Support||Makes 3 Disintegrate Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Destroys movable objects.|
|Energy Field||adevo grav vis||✗||18||320||700||Support||Makes 3 Energy Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates an energy field, initial damage of 30 and followed by 25 addtional damage once the field is left.|
|Energy Wall||adevo mas grav vis||✗||41||1000||2500||Support||Makes 4 Energy Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 1×7 Energy Fields Area if shot straight from the body. If shot on an angle, a total of 13 energy field squares will be made spanning 7 fields vertical and 7 fields horizontal.|
|Explosion||adevo mas hur||✗||31||570||1800||Support||Makes 6 Explosion Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Makes a small explosion in the shape of a plus-sign (+) around the target.|
|Fire Bomb||adevo mas flam||✗||27||600||1500||Support||Makes 2 Fire Bomb Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 3×3 square of Fire Fields.|
|Fire Field||adevo grav flam||✗||15||240||500||Support||Makes 3 Fire Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a Fire Field.|
|Fire Wall||adevo mas grav flam||✗||33||780||2000||Support||Makes 4 Fire Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 1×5 Fire Fields area if shot straight from the body. If shot on an angle, a total of 9 fire field squares will be made spanning 5 fields vertical and 5 fields horizontal.|
|Heavy Magic Missile||adori vis||✗||25||350||1500||Support||Makes 10 Heavy Magic Missile Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an attack that inflicts Energy Damage.|
|Icicle||adori frigo||✓||28||460||1700||Support||Makes 5 Icicle Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an Ice attack, this is the Druids' equivalent of the Fireball.|
|Intense Healing Rune||adura gran||✗||15||120||600||Support||Makes 1 Intense Healing Rune (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Heals target better than Light Healing.|
|Light Magic Missile||adori min vis||✗||15||120||500||Support||Makes 10 Light Magic Missile Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots a weak attack that causes Energy Damage.|
|Paralyse||adana ani||✓||54||1400||1900||Support||Makes 1 Paralyse Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Paralyses target. Any healing spell on the paralysed target will cancel the effect.|
|Poison Bomb||adevo mas pox||✓||25||520||1000||Support||Makes 2 Poison Bomb Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 3×3 area of Poison Fields.|
|Poison Field||adevo grav pox||✗||14||200||300||Support||Makes 3 Poison Field Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a poison cloud which deals an initial damage of 5 per hit. Total damage is 105 hitpoints (5 turns of 5 hp, 5 rounds of 4, 7 rounds of 3, 10 rounds of 2 and 19 rounds of 1) untill damage stops (when not healed).|
|Poison Wall||adevo mas grav pox||✗||29||640||1600||Support||Makes 4 Poison Wall Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a 1×5 Poison Field area if shot straight from the body. If shot on an angle, a total of 9 poison field squares will be made spanning 5 fields vertical and 5 fields horizontal.|
|Soulfire||adevo res flam||✓||27||420||1800||Support||Makes 3 Soulfire Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Causes the target to catch on fire.|
|Stalagmite||adori tera||✗||24||350||1400||Support||Makes 10 Stalagmite Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Sends out an earth missile (like HMM), it deals Earth Damage.|
|Stone Shower||adori mas tera||✓||28||430||1100||Support||Makes 4 Stone Shower Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Shoots an earth attack that covers a large circular area around the target, this is the Druids' equivalent of the Thunderstorm.|
|Ultimate Healing Rune||adura vita||✗||24||400||1500||Support||Makes 1 Ultimate Healing Rune (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Heal the target a large amount of HP. The amount changes with the magic level and level of the user.|
|Wild Growth||adevo grav vita||✓||27||600||2000||Support||Makes 2 Wild Growth Runes (requiring 1 Blank Rune). Creates a rune to cast a tree which blocks off 1 square meter.|
Possible Hotkey Assignments
If you are having trouble with too many hotkeys to remember, then the following table may be useful for you. It provides an organized set of hotkey assignments for the most commonly used spells for this vocation.
This table is only an idea to help you build your own set of hotkeys, you obviously do not need to use these key assignments if you do not want to. See the page on Hotkeys for a blank template.
You can also print this table out and place it above your keyboard as a quick-reference. Make sure you print "landscape" instead of "profile", or you will not print the entire table.
|Light .||Light Healing .||Intense Healing .||Ultimate Healing .||Energy Strike .||Flame Strike .||Physical Strike .||Wrath of Nature .||Haste .||Levitate Up .||Invisible .||Magic Shield .||Standard|
|SHIFT+||Ultimate Light .||Antidote .||Food .||Mass Healing .||Heal Friend 1.||Heal Friend 2.||Heal Friend 3.||Heal Friend 4.||Strong Haste .||Levitate Down .||Magic Rope .||Summon Creature .||Powerful|
|CTRL+||Destroy Field.||Antidote Rune.||IH Rune.||UH Rune.||HMM.||GFB.||Explosion.||Envenom.||Fire Field.||Convince Creature.||Chameleon.||Paralyze Rune.||Runes|
|Missing Spells:||Great Light, Wild Growth, Find Person, Creature Illusion|
|Missing Runes:||Light Magic Missile, Fireball, Energy Field, Desintegrate, Poison Bomb, Animate Dead, Firebomb, Soulfire, Poison Wall, Fire Wall, Energy Wall|
See also: Druid Template