Distance Weapons are types of weapons that can be thrown or used to fire projectiles at targets. They are almost exclusively used by Paladins, because ranged combat is their specialty. A unique aspect of distance weapons is hit chance, which defines how often an attack will even hit. As a compensation of hit chance, distance weapons ignore the Shielding of the target, but not the target's Armor value. Crossbows and Bows require Ammunition to be fired. If ammunition is not in your Belt slot, you won't attack your target, not even with Fist Fighting. Crossbows and Bows require ammunition called Bolts and Arrows, respectively.
When choosing a distance weapon, keep in mind the following:
- Each weapon has a range parameter. This is the amount of tiles you have to be within, in both the x- and y- dimensions. For example if you are at the origin (0,0) with a Warsinger Bow, you could theoretically hit a creature in the range (-7,-7) to (+7,+7).
- You will only fire your weapon if the target is in your client's viewport. In the example above, the Warsinger Bow will actually not hit a monster at (7,7) because the client's viewport will only extend to (7,5).
- Each weapon has its own hit rate, which is affected by Distance Fighting skill. In addition, there is also the Hit% attribute of items. Some items, such as The Devileye, have a low or negative +Hit% to balance their immense +Atk. These modifiers make paladins consider their weapon choice: consistent damage or unpredictable bursts? A low hit rate can be very frustrating, if the monsters would otherwise die easily, so The Devileye and Thorn Spitter for example are not usually considered as main weapons, but as weapons to use on special occasions, such as boss fights.
- Distance weapons do not have any Defense or Defense Modifiers at all. One-handed distance weapons such as Assassin Stars can be used with a shield, however anything more powerful requires a bow or crossbow - which must be held with two hands.
- There is only one weapon option for area of effect (AoE) attacks: Bows + Burst Arrows.
|Name||Lvl||Atk||Range||Atk mod||Hit%||Imbuing Slots||Skill Boost||Type||Weight||Dropped By|
|Assassin Star||80||65||4||Throwing Weapons||2.00|
|Bow of Destruction||100||6||6||6||3||Bows||55.00|
|Crossbow of Destruction||100||5||6||6||3||Crossbows||65.00|
|Crude Umbral Bow||75||7||2||5||Bows||50.00|
|Crude Umbral Crossbow||75||5||3||1||Crossbows||130.00|
|Elethriel's Elemental Bow||70||4||7||Bows||44.00|
|Enchanted Spear||42||38||4||Throwing Weapons||20.00|
|Glooth Spear||60||55||3||Throwing Weapons||26.00|
|Hunting Spear||20||32||3||Throwing Weapons||22.00|
|Leaf Star||60||48||4||Throwing Weapons||2.00|
|Mean Paladin Spear||0||15||3||Throwing Weapons||10.00|
|Royal Spear||25||35||3||Throwing Weapons||25.00|
|Royal Star||150||70||4||Throwing Weapons||2.20|
|Small Stone||0||5||4||Throwing Weapons||3.60|
|Throwing Cake||0||0||?||Throwing Weapons||0.80|
|Throwing Knife||0||25||4||Throwing Weapons||5.00|
|Throwing Star||0||30||4||Throwing Weapons||2.00|
|Throwing Star of Sula||0||250||?||Throwing Weapons||2.00|
|Triple Bolt Crossbow||70||5||3||2||3||Crossbows||62.00|
|Umbral Master Bow||250||7||6||5||2||distance fighting +3||Bows||40.00|
|Umbral Master Crossbow||250||5||9||4||2||distance fighting +3||Crossbows||120.00|
|Viper Star||0||28||4||Throwing Weapons||2.00|
|Items in Tibia|
|Plants, Animal Products, Food and Drink|
|Tools and other Equipment|