The name Calmera is presumably derived from old French "calme" > French "calmer" (English: 'calm') suffixed with -a.
Calmera is a heavily populated server for the average tibia standards, as is common for Optional PvP servers. It is mostly populated by Brazilian players, although there is also a decent number of English speaking players. It is considered to be easy to start a new character and there is a substantial quantity of fair players around with which one can interact. Like most Optional PvP servers though, it also harbors a large quantity of botters and other kinds of unfair players. Being an "old" server, the prices of items are for the most part roughly the same as the prices of NPCs. There is also a high population of players that amuse themselves annoying others either by means of luring or trolling  in public chat channels.
- The team of Fleety, Fic and Fallen Angel of Hell, cleared the first and only Calmeran Demon Quest. According to Calmeran history, Fleety kept the demon legs but they were eventually lost. Rumours had it that they had been thrown into a dustbin by accident. The truth, however, is still a mystery that very few old inhabitants of the server know and are not willing to reveal.
- The first Annihilator on Calmera was cleared by 4 Mages - Ingek, Cachero, Destrukt and Fallen Angel of Hell. They also cleared Calmera's first Demon Helmet quest the next day, with the help of Sir Karr on the way.
- The second Orshabaal ever on Tibia was in Calmera. It wasn't (or couldn't be) killed, although Cachero was said to have been trying to get a team together for it. Three of the following Orshabaal attacks were blocked by Leferty, who kept the record of lowest level (115) to have blocked Orshabaal for several months. On January 13, 2008 Orshabaal dropped Orshabaal's Brain and on June 6, 2008 Calmera was lucky enough to get its first Thunder Hammer after several attempts. As of then, several other Orshabaal attacks have happened in the server and he has been easily defeated. In total, Orshabaal has visited Calmera around 12 times.
- One of first Tibian Morgaroth's appeared on Calmera as well. There have been several Morgaroth raids on Calmera. The first few attempts on it with Leferty blocking were not successful. Morgaroth was killed only on March 9, 2009, with Princes Gala and Byrd blocking, after a difficult battle against not only Morgaroth but also the disbanded guild Disasterpiece who repeatedly tried to get the blockers killed with magic walls. After sending out several reports GM Calmeranator showed up and Disasterpiece was forced to stop. The only item to be obtained from this was Morgaroth's Heart. Three years later, on 14 September 2013, with Veyllor as the main blocker, Morgaroth dropped Dark Lord's Cape and The Devileye. Since then, Morgaroth has attacked Calmera few other times, but the server has stopped it. It is uncertain whether more rares have been obtained from it.
- Ferumbras has been at his Calmeran Citadel several times as well. For the first 2 times, no group in the server dared to challenge him. On August 27, 2009, he was killed for the first time. It was not a fully organized team that consisted of a lot of high-level players, mainly from the disbandedBaphomet Order. However, the loot (including a Skullcrusher) was stolen by Maria Bolacha, who then fled the server. Since then, Ferumbras has been killed several times by large groups of players. Great Shield, Velvet Mantle and Havoc Blade are some of the rares that it has dropped after its defeat.
- Ghazbaran has visited Calmera around 14 times but during almost half of those, the server was unable to take the member of the Triangle of Terror down. The first time it was early in the day, and there was no attempt to kill him. Scyshock decided to leave a sign of Ghazbaran's appearance, dying at level 134. On his second appearance, a decent team descended to the mines to challenge it, but failed. Striker Hero died at level 198. On his third appearance, the server was undergoing serious lag and kicks (around 10 mass kicks while Ghazbaran was in the Hrodmir mines). A team did a suicide run though - Princes Gala  and Fandr  died. On the fourth time, most Calmeran top players were ready and searched all over the spawn area but somehow it never spawned. On the fifth time, the players Byrd  and Force-knight  made a block attempt, but Dack Furia  and Lord Might Elf  magic walled them both off from the rest of the killing team. The blockers died, and the server gave up on attempting to kill it. Only on his sixth attack on April 24, 2009, could Ghazbaran be defeated. Byrd  and Meteorin Deadentro  blocked it successfully but no mentionable loot was obtained. As of then, Ghazbaran's visits to Calmera have been very short-lived. Havoc Blade, Mythril Axe, and Frozen Plate have been some of the items looted from his attacks.
Rare items in Calmera
- - Bear Doll. (The owner is Dragons Fenix Zi).
- - Blue Tome (The owner is Leferty).
- - Bronze Cup of Honour (The owner is Namoronos).
- - Broken Amulet (The owners are Leferty , Cachero and Semper Crescis).
- - Champion's Cup (The owners are Namoronos, Bugohab, Rawman, Solekz and Ryokiu).
- - CM Token (The owners are Namoronos, Coo, Critter Smit, Tiffazinha and Giankk).
- - Crystal Boots (The owners are Dark Nilo Leferty, Kaleck Gallant and Tekinho).
- - Disgusting Trophy (The owners are Foxy Lady, Sant and Lallolz).
- - Earthborn Titan Armor (The owners are Haon and Kaleck Gallant).
- - Epaminondas Doll (The owners are Cantinelle and Tekinho).
- - Ferumbras Doll (The owner is Cantinelle).
- - Gamemaster Doll (The owners are Cantinelle and Digger Smith).
- - Gland (The owners are Ada Redgrave, Lulatz, Insanity Guardian and Meteorin Deadentro).
- - Golden Falcon (The owners are Tekinho and Maria Tereza).
- - Golden Helmet (The owner is Haon).
- - Golden Newspaper (The owner is Cantinelle ).
- - Golden Warrior Trophy (The owners are Leferty and Rawman).
- - Golden Trophy of Excellence (The owner is Leferty).
- - Great Axe (The owners are Crawling'eye, Cachero, Cris'Sentinel, Heartless and Lallolz).
- - Great Shield (The owners are Haon, Digger Smith and Veyllor).
- - Green Tome (The owners are Namoronos and Leferty).
- - Grey Tome (The owner is Leferty).
- - Havoc Blade (The owners are Tekinho and Bedzek Gallant).
- - Ice Cream Cone (Mellow Melon) (The owner is Malldor).
- - Medal of Honour (The owners are Namoronos and Cantinelle (2x)).
- - Morgaroth's Heart (The owner is Leferty).
- - Nightmare Doll (The owners are Namoronos, Cantinelle and Semper Crescis).
- - Orshabaal's Brain (The owner is Leferty).
- - Robe of the Ice Queen (The owner is Ribotril).
- - Silver Cup of Honour (The owners are Bugohab and Ryokiu).
- - The Epiphany (The owners are Cachero and Leferty).
- - The Famous Golden Bug (The owners are Cantinelle and Sixish).
- - The Mexcalibur (The owners are Namoronos and Cantinelle).
- - The Stomper (The owners are Fiu Ho and Ketuzin.
- - Thunder Hammer (The owners are Cris'sentinel and Leferty).
- - Vampire Doll (The owners are Sant and Tekinho).
- - Yellow Rose (The owners are Namoronos).
- - Wooden Whistle (The owners are Leferty and Ketuzin).
- - Silver Mace (The owners are Ketuzin and Bedzek Gallant).
- - Reaper's Axe (The owners are Ketuzin and Wet Weasel).
- - The Devileye (The owners are Bow Master and Bedzek Gallant).
- - Holy Scarab (The owners are Pawnstar, Semper Crescis, Josh-pep and Kaleck Gallant).
- - Bronze Necklace (The owner is Alluria).